Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about medication.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 2 Replies
My son has a really bad cold as many of you have read already. We still are unable to get to the store or anything. He is 2 years old for those of you that haven't read posts before. Anyways last winter he went to the er with pneumonia and they gave him some meds. One was for his cough which helped a lot. A few days later his dr said he was better and he could stop taking the meds. I was wondering if it would be ok if I gave some of the one for the cough. His cough is bad and it keeps him up all night. I just wanna help him sleep. If you don't think its a good idea please give me some other advice of something I can do. Our car is broke down at the moment also.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
2010twingirls
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I would call my children's doctor before I gave them any leftover prescribed medicine. What is the name of the medicine? The only meds we ever had leftover was a steroid and occasionally an antibiotic that they couldn't handle.
Zirallan
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Does your pediatrician have anyone that you can call after hours? If so, give that a shot. Nobody here is going to really be qualified to answer this question..

Have you tried hot tea or sitting him in a steamy bathroom for 15 minutes to help break up the crap in his chest? Can he sleep if you prop him up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)