Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you move your lo to a toddler bed from crib?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 41 Replies

My son is almost 16 months old, and I think he might be ready for a toddler bed soon, as he's trying to climb out.  But I'm wondering if he's too young yet.  What's your take?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2010twingirls
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Tried at 20 months, but they wouldn't stay in bed. At 21 months, they were fine with it.
Zirallan
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's trying to climb out then it's time to move him. It's a safety issue.

My 12 month old will be in her crib until she either starts to climb out or she's too heavy to lift in and out.

keisha613
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
She's 23 months and still in a crib. I'm thinking sometime shortly after her 2nd birthday. She doesn't try to climb out (she calls out to me instead) but tonight she was trying to climb in for bedtime. Her toddler bed is waiting in the garage, I guess it's me not wanting her to grow up so fast. She is my last baby.
michelles89
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My ds moved at 12 moths his pedi suggested because Ed freak web I Kaye's hi in his crib he did fine in his toddler bed. My dd is 10.5 months still in a crib probably until 18 months or two. Whenever she hates the crib lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Just moved dd and she is 21 months. She started crawling out of crib. She does well in it.
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Calvin was 2 yrs and climbed out of his crib. Kelsey is 19 months and she's still doing fine in the crib.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Never,all my kids were moved to a twin bed with a rail anywhere from 11 months to 2 years old.

tiniowien
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Mine was almost 3 but she was in a playpen, never did climb out we just moved her when we felt she was ready soon she will get a twin bed 

JMCorbin84
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Dd stayed in her crib until just b4 her 3rd b-day, then we took the front bars off (we have a convertible crib) & we put up one of those side railings that helped keep her from rolling off the mattress. 

Isaacsmom913
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:07 AM

My son will be 2 on the 13th and is still happily in his crib.  My hubby and I were just talking about this yesterday and I told him when I"M READY so maybe 12, LOL.  In all seriousness if I can keep him contained until he is potty trained then I will be happy.  

if your child is climbing out of the crib they may be ready.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)