Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Am I the only one who will never...

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this
Invite my kids' entire class to their birthday party?

I think it's unnecessary, added stress and feeds into the "coddled from the cradle" mentality. So your (or my) kid isn't invited to a party- that might sting a little bit but that's the way life goes.

Also, the cost and preparation to host 20+ kids who I don't know is more stress than I want to sign up for! I want to celebrate my child at their party, not worry about entertaining a bunch of stranger's children so I fit in at school.

What are your thoughts on this?
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veraxaudeo
by Ashley Nicole on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:51 PM
In some schools, it's the policy that if you send something in like treats or invitations, you have to send one for everyone or they can't be passed out.
I won't invite the whole class unless my child asks me to.
KimmyPoo
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM
With my 7 year old son,I do send out to the whole class. They Do too as well. But son loves going to birthday parties tho
Emberbaby
by Silver Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

With my oldest she wanted to invite all her classmates to her party last year in kindergarten. The whole class was ten kids so we invited the nine kids. Her birthday is coming up and her party is this weekend. She only wanted to invite 2 children so that is what we did. We do evites so no actual invitations go to the classroom.

aimesnyc
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea what I am going to do when he gets old enough.  For now (while he is in daycare), I am just putting together cheap goodie bags for his daycare age group for his birthday. *shrug*

liss05
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 4:55 PM

We send to the whole class our school has the mentality you send to one you send to all luckily my DS is friends with his whole class but..... normally the whole class doesn't come.

StacyO722
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I agree.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM

No I think big birthday parties for young kids are stupid.

PEEK05
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I won't. 

Zirallan
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I hate the fact that some schools have the policy that if you invite one kid, you have to invite them all. We won't be doing this. If my kid is friends with SOME of her classmates, then either we'll be getting their addresses and actually snail mailing invitations out, or we'll pass them out on prior play dates or whatever.

For the oldest, her birthday is in June so it isn't actually an issue. The 1 year olds birthday is in September though. If we invited the entire class, we'd be inviting 20 kids that she's known for all of a month. We won't be sending goodies or anything to class for their birthdays either. Our current school has a 'no sugar' rule so you can't send cupcakes, cookies, or anything else that is generally considered birthday fare.

Freckles4u
by Member on Sep. 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Nah I will just invite my kids close friend. Now if that's everyone in their class except like 5 kids then of course we may as well invite all of them. What's 5 more kids lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN