Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What do your preK.....

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 26 Replies
....Kids take to show and tell? Liam just started preK and he has show and tell every Friday but I have no idea what to send with him. So what do your kids take?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
my dd takes her favorite book for that week. or a special arts and craft that we did at home.
mariesmama
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

mine doesnt have show&tell she does have homework though

LAH2x
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this

DD1 doesn't have a weekly show and tell, it is more like once a month. She takes whatever her favorite book or toy is at the time. 

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We have a "letter of the week" as well as a "theme."  Kids should only bring items that begin with the letter or go with the theme.

Ma2Liam
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM
They are going to have letter of the week also. Sometimes it is hard to come up with 'meaningful' items.

Quoting CLEKate:

We have a "letter of the week" as well as a "theme."  Kids should only bring items that begin with the letter or go with the theme.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

dd is in PreK but hasnt done show and tell yet.

I would have her take her favorite toy or book

storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine doesn't have show and tell, but rather they have to bring in something each Friday that begins with a different letter.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Meaningful?  Why does it need to be meaningful?  The whole point is to reinforce the letter.  So find something, anything with the letter.  Work with your kid to pick something.

My boys and I would sit in bed a few nights before and think of items/words with the letter of the week.  Then we'd determine what we had a the house.  A couple of times we went to the store to "pick" up an item that began with the letter---I made sure they were involved with the process.

Quoting Ma2Liam:

They are going to have letter of the week also. Sometimes it is hard to come up with 'meaningful' items.

Quoting CLEKate:

Koux
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't have to pick something with a certain letter (that's a good idea though!). He usually picks one of his favorite toys. He's taken his fire truck and an Iron Man so far. Other kids have taken pictures, pillows/pillowcases, books... But it's mostly toys they like.
M0M0F3B0YS82
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I just asked him that morning what he wanted to take to show the class what he likes and usually every Friday it was something different lol a book, new car, something small enough to fit in his backpack

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)