Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand foot and mouth disease?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter has been struggling with "eczema" since she was 9 months. I've tried several different doctors they all say that's what it is. The pediatrician we're currently seeing says it's a type of eczema that occurs when you're allergic to something. I have taken her off dairy, tried every detergent under the sun, rehomed all of our indoor animals, and spent hundreds of dollars trying to find something that will clear it up. We've finally found a routine that seems to work, along with two different prescriptions. The worst of the rash is gone. Then Saturday I noticed the palms of her hands breaking out, then Sunday the tops of her feet started doing the same thing. They're itching like the eczema did, but it looks completely different. She hasn't had any fever and doesn't have any sores in her mouth. Could it be a mild case of hand foot and mouth disease? I'm starting to get really worried this may be more than just eczema, could it be some kind of neurological disease?  

CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM
My ds had this a couple of years ago and only had the blisters on his feet and mouth.. Then my other Ds got it and had the same issues!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

bump

1st_time_mom789
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm not sure. When DD had the coxsackie virus (hand foot mouth disease), she ran a high fever, had the red bumps all over her body, blisters in her mouth, and wouldn't eat because she was in too much pain. 

PEEK05
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:51 AM

It could be just developing.  I don't think it sounds neurological though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)