Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Present from new sibling

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:17 AM
  • 16 Replies
Did you get your child a present from their new sibling to open at the hospital? I was thinking of doing this to make the transition easier and so it's not all about the new baby. What kind of gifts did you get? It is so close to Christmas that I don't want to spend too much but I want the gift to be something he is excited about. Anyone have any tips for making the transition easier on our son? He will be almost 4 when his sister is born.
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hriabywx4
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I haven't done a gift but I have taken a small gift to other older children when visiting their new sibling in the hospital!

Advice I give to moms I work with when having a new lo is make sure new baby is in the crib or being held by someone else when older sib comes in. They want to see mom first. Also let visitor know to greet older sib then see if older sib will show them the new baby.

Congrats on your new lo!
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep :) we took dd to buildabear and she picked and made the baby a buildabear, and then when she brought it to the hospital to give it to the baby he had a mini buildabear (her fav) to give to her also, she was over the moon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

i did not get anything. my son was 4 when my daughter was born, he was just happy to have a baby sister

mommyofnoah208
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM
That is cute. My son was almost 4, we didnt get him a gift like that. He was just so excited to have his sister
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM
My son was 2yrs almost 8mos when my dd was born and she brought him his first scooter and helmet. He's outgrown the scooter now (he's almost 7) but he knows that Sissy gave it to him and he loves that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM

No I didn't.  I never did anything for a transition.  My kids adjusted great with a new baby.  Good luck!

BlueKWoz
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I gave both my kids something, but it was from me, to tell them that they were still important to the family, etc.  My son was 7 when his youngest sister was born and wasn't going to believe she went shopping, plus it gave us a moment to sit on the hospital bed and open them while my mother in law got in some baby time.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

They got a new baby, that was good enough for them

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:02 PM
DD was 2.5 when DS was born. She got a magna doodle from him and it has helped keep her occupied during numerous times I've been feeding the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MCA23
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Our daughter was 2 1/2 when our son was born, and we got her a Fisher Price digital camera so she could take pictures of her new baby brother.   She was thrilled.   Although, the pictures that it produced were a total waste.  Later on I ended up just getting them each a cheap point & shoot digital camera for fun, that took actual pictures.  Can find them on groupon etc.  for dirt cheap if you are on the lookout.  She always wanted to play with my camera/phone...they're always happier with the real thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)