Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

20 MONTH OLD STILL MISSING 4 TEETH!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My daughter morgan is missing both sets of her canine teeth. All of her other teeth seem to have come in. Its seems odd to me. Is this something I seriously need to be concerned about????? She was born a preemie if that makes any difference.
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bpryce
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I don't think its anything to be concerned about, kids get their teeth at different times. My niece got her first tooth after her first birthday, and got her 2yr molars when she was 4. If your really concerned ask your Dr.
bpryce
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
O I love that face, BTW, so cute and silly, lol
bzzybeemomof3
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My dd is 20 months old and only has 4 top amd 4 bottom teeth. She only grew in her first tooth at 14 months old. lol No concerens at all, she has been to the dentist twicew already. Just after she got her first tooth in and for fused tooth she has.

So I wouldnt worry at all.

littlemonaghan
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM
My dd is almost 2.5 and is just now cutting her bottom canine teeth. 2 year molars are no where in sight.
No worries, I've always been told the longer they stay under the gums the healthier the tooth is. Idk if it's true or not but still no worries. My dd is a slow teether. She didn't get her first teeth until 11 months
alexsmommy2010
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM
My son was 8 weeks early and always got his later. Molars took until he was close to 3 to come in
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My dd didnt pop her first tooth until 14 months old. At 20 months old, she still had a bunch of teeth that hadn't popped through yet. No biggie :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't worry about it yet, especially if her other teeth were later in coming through. DD turned 3 last month and we're still waiting on 3 of her 2nd year molars.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
My niece was born without any permanent canine teeth. If you are worried, ask your dentist for a set of xrays. You may just give it a few more months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zirallan
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I looked up teething a while back. I forget why. They generally get their front teeth sometime as infants (it varies wildly from kid to kid but usually around when they crawl, if I remember correctly), their front molars around a year old, their back molars sometime around 2 years old, and their canines by the age of 3. Obviously, some kids don't read that memo and get theirs earlier or later or even out of order.. My 13 month old has all of her front teeth, 3 of the first set of molars, and 1 canine coming in.

One thing to look at is when you and her father got your teeth. If either of you was a late bloomer, she may well be too.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Those are fine :).  My son got those teeth last too.  He's nearly 2 years old and they are starting to poke through now......but there's still rather small :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN