Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you do halloween?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do you walk your neighboorhood and go door to door? Do you live so far out you drive door to door? Does you city have like a "safe" trick or treating they do? or do you have a trunk or treat type thing? This is the first year we live in a neighboorhood close enough to our neighbors were the kids walk and go door to door so I'm rather excited to just strap the baby in the stroller and walk threw the neighborhood.

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatmynameagain
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this
We walk to the neighborhood development two streets over, and go door to door. Some folks sit out in their driveways with candy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammi20
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM

When I lived in CA we walked far to get to the "good houses" and hit friends houses on the way out. Now I live in OR and last year we went to the outlet stores to try the "safe" trick or treat.. it worked because dd was only 2 and we did not care if she got a ton of candy or not... but it really was pretty pathetic... none of the store people dressed up and there was hardly Any decorations... This year we will be heading to the houses a few blocks over and Hoping for the best... Not only that our Apt complex Failed... None of them handed out candy.. it was really sad.. 46+ apts and NONE of them decorated or opened the door to trick or treaters :/ Where is the Halloween spirit??

alexsmommy2010
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM
We go a couple streets over to where I used to trick or treat when I was a kid. The downtown business's also do a trick or treat downtown a couple days before hand. Its always nice but jam packed and they also do a contest
anon85
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM

We go to the same neighborhood I went to as a kid. The houses are really close together so we walk house to house with the kiddos.

mariesmama
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:17 AM

daddy takes her and will probably trick or treat in nana's neighborhood this yr

jlbelknap35
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I am probably going to go to a friends neighborhood and trick or treat or something sense DH isn't going to be home

TatyBear
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM
We go door to.door here.

No safe zones or the trunk thing around here. We live in a Valley as its called. And houses are close. We do our block and the one behind us and along the main highway and the mall.
jessi2girls
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We live in a small town, and normally we'll drive into town (we live on the outskirts of town), and go door to door in our neighborhood.   our town is very safe, and there are parents everywhere.. even if your kid walked off behind your back, a parent would be there to stop them and turn them back around toward you, lol. (had to do that with a kid last year, lol). 

sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM

If we can,. we take the kids to do trick or treating at the mall, otherwise we walk around the neighborhood.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
We go to a local downtown for trick or treating before Halloween.

Then I organize trick or treating at our complex - people sign up through a Facebook page saying if they are handing out treats, I make a map (the #s are funky here) & we go to those houses. I organized it last year & it was the first year we got more than a few kids (ummm we got like 30 kids & over 20 houses handing out candy!).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)