Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

travel must-haves?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm taking DS (1.5) on a long car trip and this is the first time since he was a baby we've traveled this far. I'd like to make this trip as smooth as possible and keep him entertained. What are some travel must-haves?

Cool...my post has been featured! :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Portable Dvd player for some cartoons. Cds of favorite songs. Snacks. Then take lots of "get out and run" breaks. I have a travel Aquadoodle that my kids love too. Have fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Blanket, plenty of foods/drinks he likes, plenty of toys that are easy for him to get (I have a little backpack that I use).  Music, either kids or classical.  

corrinacs
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Magnadoodle works well too :)

beachlove512
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Thank you! That was very helpful. I've got a portable dvd player I'll bring and I'm hoping he'll enjoy that since I normally never let him watch tv.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Portable Dvd player for some cartoons. Cds of favorite songs. Snacks. Then take lots of "get out and run" breaks. I have a travel Aquadoodle that my kids love too. Have fun!!

othermom
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

snacks, drinks, little toys

mammabear413
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Portable DVD play. Tons of snacks n drinks . Few little toys . Some books. I found my son will read. And watch movies

Also he likes his aqua doodle We bought magnets and a board that goes with it it was cars themed book magent thing loved it .

We also brought lollipops n candy for when we messed him to be good for a hour or so more lol we do 20 hours trips with ten hours at a time
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Portable dvd player will be your best bet. Books, small toys, blanket  and lots of snacks. 

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Plan for lots of stops - check yelp and maps beforehand & plan to stop for parks, lunch, kids play place or museum, etc. Also plan to leave super early (before his normal wake up time), put toddler in car still sleeping. This will get you a few extra hoes of travel time.

Lots of toys - those car seat type toys are good.
LavonC
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

earplugs and adult tylenol.

Just kidding.toddler girlI have a precious 24 month old girl.  She is always with me.  But for a long road trip, that is what I'd need.  :)

motherslove82
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Tablet/Ipod with tons of kid's movies, games, and books. Snacks and drinks. Be flexIble because drinks mean a lot of stops for the bathroom!  LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)