Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good CD Player for 4 Year Old

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

HELP!

I want to get DD a CD player for her room (for Christmas--I shop early!). I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars, but I don't want junk, either, y'know?

I've been reading reviews on Amazon and finding that there is, in fact, lots of "junk" out there. :/

I need something with a "repeat" feature so we can put on soothing music and let it play all night. It needs to be durable, since it will likely play all night, every night.

Suggestions, please!

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sophiesmom07
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hmm, not sure, but it's a good idea. 

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
My 3 year old has I think it's a Memorex one from Wal-Mart. It was $30 I think. She's had it for about 6 months and my 6 year old had it before that. I figure it's cheap enough to not be a huge crisis if they do break it but so far the only thing wrong with it is they bent the antenna. It seems to be holding up well and we put it on repeat for our daughter.
RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Thank you! That's helpful. We have had a few different ones in the playroom at the gym and the antennas always get bent. I wish they would build us a shelf up high to put it on so the kids can't reach it!

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My 3 year old has I think it's a Memorex one from Wal-Mart. It was $30 I think. She's had it for about 6 months and my 6 year old had it before that. I figure it's cheap enough to not be a huge crisis if they do break it but so far the only thing wrong with it is they bent the antenna. It seems to be holding up well and we put it on repeat for our daughter.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
When I was teaching, I bought one for like $30 off of amazon. It got dropped, pushed, etc (it was at a group center where kids had to make it work) often & worked for over 3 years. I also used an old iPod in it instead of CDs. I would recommend that - I found a lot of audio kids books on iTunes for .99 or free, just plugged in a an old iPod to it.
RobynS
by Robyn on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Do you know what brand it was? Was the sound quality decent?

I have an iPod shuffle, but other than that, we have never owned an iPod. I wonder how much I could get a used one for...

Quoting collinsmommy0:

When I was teaching, I bought one for like $30 off of amazon. It got dropped, pushed, etc (it was at a group center where kids had to make it work) often & worked for over 3 years. I also used an old iPod in it instead of CDs. I would recommend that - I found a lot of audio kids books on iTunes for .99 or free, just plugged in a an old iPod to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)