Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going backwards in potty training?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 2 Replies
My ds3 seems to be going backwards with potty training. He was getting so good we (me,dh, and his preschool teacher) thought he was just about there but now he usually refuses to go most of the time, or he'll go to the bathroom but stand in front of the toilet.

I should add that ds has delays in speech, language, and adaptive behavior. His teacher says we shouldn't make a big deal about it b/c she thinks it's more of a "control" thing w/him. Has anyone else dealt w/this or have any other suggestions?

We have put him in undies but he just doesn't care if his undies are wet or not
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

unless there's a new baby, you moved, new job, etc., i would bet it's a control thing.  you have to keep him in underwear though.  use something for sleeping if he's still waking up wet but he has to be in underwear all day long.  continue to praise his successes but don't let him see you bothered by accidents.

he'll get there.  GL!!

.Angelica.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:40 PM

my daughter was using the potty for 3 days no problem, then we bought her underwear and all that stuff and she decided the potty isn't cool anymore. lol. She's only 21 months though so I'm giving her a little more time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)