Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Educational Tablets: What's your take?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: What educational system will you purchase/have you purchased (in the last 6 months)?

Options:

LeapPad

Nabi

iPad/other regular tablet

InnoTab (VTech)

VINCI

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

With Christmas looming ever closer, I am sure many of you are starting to think about what presents you will be offering your children.  I'd like to take a survey to see what educational toys you stick to.  

What educational system will you purchase/have you purchased (in the last 6 months)?

What were your feelings on the system?

Would your consider other products for kids from the same company?

Corrina

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:40 PM

None.  We own an iPad and Kindle Fire and the kids have limited access to them.  I've yet to find them useful in terms of eduction.  Everything my kids have learned, they've learned from the world around them, not a screen.  I guess the one exception is that Sesame Street helped my son learn his ABCs and Super Why helped my daughter.  That would be my only example though.

corrinacs
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Bump

corrinacs
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

bump....comeon ladies :)

bethgoedeken
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM

My MIL got my girls a leapPad and and Innotab last year for Christmas. Those things are still working! The leapPad is okay, but the Innotab is my favorite, hands down. It comes with more features, is cheaper, and is one tough little tablet. My 2 year old has dropped hers in the bathtub twice, and it still works (I've put it in rice both times) I highly recommend the Innotab.

MizGypsy
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM

My girls are already learning so much from the Innotab! We take them everywhere with us.

cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I was just looking into the Inno Tabs the other day. If I were to buy something like this, the Inno Tab would be the one.  I've had really good experiences with VTech in the past.

furbabymum
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM

None. I believe the overt electronic usage of todays kids is contributing to a lot of mental and societal problems. Science backs me up on that. My TODDLER will not be getting any electronics.

ctmom2011
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM

My daughter took over my iPad when she was 13 months old. She is now 2 and it only has her apps on it, which are all educational and/or interactive. I think it has helped a great deal in her learning, she is the youngest in her class and by far has the widest vocabulary. She knows her ABC's, colors, shapes, numbers. I do spend time talking and teaching her as well.

corrinacs
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Bump for more replies

rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM

We are a Droid Family.  We prefer the Kindle over the other devices.  Easy to use.  Download games and such thru the amazon app store or google play.  We can go from kindle to phone with easy.  We also have netflix on the devices.  We can lock them with an app called "Kids Mode"  its great!  It will grow with our kids and not be outdated when they learn a game and get board.  We can just take one game off and get a harder one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN