Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: How can I keep my 4 year old from waking...

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

How can I keep my 4 year old from waking up my 7 year old at all times of the night? They do not share a room but they are upstairs and we are down....this is becoming a big problem!!!

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
How is the 4 year old waking the 7 year old? Simple noise or actually going in their room?

My 6 year old kept going in my 4 year old's room early in the morning. I bought 2 signs on Etsy. One side says "awake" and the other side says "sleeping". They are hung outside their rooms. They learned to turn their signs to "awake" when they wake up so if the other sign still says "sleeping" they are not allowed near the room. They love them.

If its simply noise, I'm not sure. My 6 year old is my early riser so he just knows to play quietly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VinVanMom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Sound machine of rain or white noise to block the sounds of them waking up works best for us 

mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Could you put a clock in the lo's room and show what time it has to be before they are allowed to get up? Myfour yo ccan tell when he is allowed to play video games.
tiarra7022
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Try one of the kid clocks that change color when its time to be up. My DS likes to wake my DD up in the mornings and it causes huge fights. This helped him know when it was ok to get up.

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Put a bell on your little ones door. When you hear the bell, go and redirect him back to his bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)