Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tuesday is Story Time at the library for us. Do you go?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM
  • 37 Replies
I struggle with my four year old a bit because he doesn't want to sit for anything but he has to learn to do it. So every week I take him, my two year old and the 2yo I babysit to story time.
How well does your lo do in that setting?
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM

We go on Wednesday.  I only take my almost 3  yo because my 4 yo is in preschool.  She does ok sometimes, and sometimes she is all over.  I still go anyway.  she enjoys it I think because they do a craft at the end too.   

BaltimoreBaby
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM
We go on Tuesdays, too!

Mine is still in the birth-two group, she's 18 months and no, she's not sitting. At all. It's embarrassing sometimes that's she's running around and throws fits if I try and hold her in my lap. But she's also one of the oldest there. Most are babies that can't even crawl yet - so it's hard to have perspective on it. I don't know if an 18 month is supposed to be able to sit quietly for a half an hour.
mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Lol nope! Some kids, like my Theo, struggle with it, but most can do it by 3.

Quoting BaltimoreBaby:

We go on Tuesdays, too!

Mine is still in the birth-two group, she's 18 months and no, she's not sitting. At all. It's embarrassing sometimes that's she's running around and throws fits if I try and hold her in my lap. But she's also one of the oldest there. Most are babies that can't even crawl yet - so it's hard to have perspective on it. I don't know if an 18 month is supposed to be able to sit quietly for a half an hour.
mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I wish mine would do a craft. 8(

Quoting momofsunshine77:

We go on Wednesday.  I only take my almost 3  yo because my 4 yo is in preschool.  She does ok sometimes, and sometimes she is all over.  I still go anyway.  she enjoys it I think because they do a craft at the end too.   

momofsunshine77
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Do you have other libraries around.  I know I can choose from 3 different libraries and story times, but I like ours the best.  Do they just read?  At ours she reads a book and then does like a song/dance in between each book. 

Cab you make suggestions to the librarian?  I live in a pretty small town, so the group is smaller and everybody knows everybody type situation.  I know if I had a suggestion/question I would feel comforatble asking. 

Quoting mem82:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Well, I have other libraries around but they are part of the same chain. It's a large group so a craft wouldn't be practical. That's my only complaint, through. They sing, read, dance, do felt boards, and puppets. Just no craft.

Quoting momofsunshine77:

Do you have other libraries around.  I know I can choose from 3 different libraries and story times, but I like ours the best.  Do they just read?  At ours she reads a book and then does like a song/dance in between each book. 

Cab you make suggestions to the librarian?  I live in a pretty small town, so the group is smaller and everybody knows everybody type situation.  I know if I had a suggestion/question I would feel comforatble asking. 

Quoting mem82:

Quoting momofsunshine77:

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My older son was that way, but he learned to read.  He just wanted to do it on his own as he's always hated for ppl to do things for him LOL

corrinacs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Also, try books that are interactive, like touchy-feely books or ones that have more to them than just pictures and words.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
We went last year off and on and went twice this year. She just doesn't like it this year, so I stopped going. I want to find something to get her into but something were she can play more then sit. We live out in bfe, so It's not easy.

My neighbor is the director (librarian) and said she doesn't blame us for stopping. LOL. It's kinda geared more towards older preschoolers (calm children) then toddlers (crazy kids)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredme
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Ours is on Fridays and my dd loves it.  She sits still but probably only because she is so shy.  Some days she is more comfortable and will shout out answers and talk and move around a bit but even then she isn't too bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)