Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Planning on a third? Comments, thoughts, opinions welcome..

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
  • 19 Replies

Hi,

Anyone planning on having a third baby or already has 3? What do you think it'll be like to have another child or what is it like in your household? I'm thinking of having a third but on the fence about it cuz just dunno if we can manage...I know it'll be a lot of work but worth it? 

Thanks for your thoughts.

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We had three kids within 5 years.  It was tough (more like exhausting) but I'm happy with it overall. Our kids are close, share similar interests.  We always joke that our third was "the blessing we didn't know we wanted" and "the one who taught us we know NOTHING about parenting"

You definately have to rethink your game.  Zone defense instead of man to man. 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Depends on the age my oldest boys are 19 months apart I didn't have my 3rd child until my oldest boys were 10 and 8 so I didn't have any problems.
Butterfly_xo
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm pregnant with bebe #2 and I think we're done ! I like the idea of just having 2 kids but who knows what the future holds. I say go for it and talk with your man about it.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm currently 14w pg with #3.  When baby comes my oldest will be nearly 7 1/2 and my youngest will be nearly 5.  We always knew we wanted 3 but my youngest was a handful so she was pretty good birth control for a while.  We finally decided to bite the bullet and start trying.  I have to admit that when I saw the words "pregnant" on that stick I was really nervous.  No turning back now!  My oldest had a weird reaction to the news and that worried me a lot.  I looked at him and thought "What did I do? Our family was nice and settled and now I've turned it upside down."  However, within 10 mins he was asking lots of questions and was excited and he's still really excited.  I brought him to my 10w appt to hear the hb with us for the first time and plan to bring him to our 20w u/s so he can see the baby.

It's going to be hard cuz we've been out of "baby" mode for quite some time PLUS my youngest is in school 4 mornings/week so I have a lot of quiet time.  It'll be weird to go back to someone 100% dependent on me but we are excited too!  I love infants and this pregnancy has been SOOOO easy.  Other than fatigue (and a growing belly and boobs) I don't even feel pregnant.  I'm sure that means the baby will not sleep thru the night until he/she is 12 ;)

PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I am still on the fence about having a 3rd.  My second is only 8 months old so I think I have some time to figure it out but I think there are pros and cons.  I like the idea of having a 3rd child but just not so sure our family can make it through another pregnancy and infancy period.  I didn't like being pregnant at all and the newborn months are just sooooo hard on me.  I guess it is hard on everyone but it seems like most women handle it more gracefully that I do. 

ppg129
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM

My 2nd one is 15 months so I have been thinking about it a lot but I might just wait until she's a tad older. I know exactly what you mean about going through the pregnancy and infancy stages...they're not easy. But I guess for me I don't want to have any regrets and when you ask me am I really done? I will be hesitant to answer hence leaning towards trying for a third. All the best to you..

mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I have four and going from one to two was the hardest, honestly. 8)
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Going from one to two was easier for me than having the first.  I wonder if it gets easier every time and the third would be a peice of cake.  Although, knowing my luck I would get another crying, none sleeping baby like my first and then I would really be in trouble having the other two as well.  God bless you for keeping up with four children.

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Lol

Quoting PAmommy32:

Going from one to two was easier for me than having the first.  I wonder if it gets easier every time and the third would be a peice of cake.  Although, knowing my luck I would get another crying, none sleeping baby like my first and then I would really be in trouble having the other two as well.  God bless you for keeping up with four children.

Quoting mem82:

CandiceDanielle
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I just had baby #3 8 weeks ago and it's extremely difficult juggling everything. It would have been a lot easier on me if there would have been a bigger age gap between baby and my toddler (he's 2.5).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)