Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What does your toddler do to drive you MAD!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just picked up all the DVDs off the floor, like i do at least twice a day. It's not enough to pull them all off the shelf but my daughter has to take them all out of their boxes and all the disks all over the floor.. so i come in from washing dishes ,or whatever i may have been doing,  to about 50 DVDs all over my floor out of their box sets out of their cases with greasey baby hand prints all over them. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

What do your toddlers routinely do that drives you crazy?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
The not listening is driving me insane. And the fighting between them.

Ps i put a huge gate box in front of the dvd rack, that keeps the little hands out of it. Dd used to pull them all off, made me bonkers, the gate resting there used to deter her but then ds discovered he could move the gate, luckily i saved the enormous box from the stairway gate and that seems to deter both of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrseoc
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM
6 moms liked this

well good for you. You also could have simply NOT REPLIED because there is nothing that your kids do to drive you crazy (i seriously doubt that) then this thread does not apply to you.. no need to respond and be snarky.

I made this thread, not to complain, but because sometimes when my kid does this stuff it cracks me up, i was curious what everyone else's kids do..... not curious what you had to say about what my kid does. She has free reign and i'm fine with that arrangement..... i dont care how many kids you have, i'm happy with my parenting. Thanks for the input.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

LOL yes I do, My children are ages 7months, 14months, 3, 5, 7,7,8, 9, and 11 year old. I have been raising toddlers since my 11 year old was one and I have never had to complain about the stuff these people complain about, why? Because I don't put up with the shit these parents are all complaining about. My kids get into stuff they aren't supposed to they get disciplined, not babied. You don't want your child getting into stuff be a parent and quit acting like you are their friend.

Quoting Mrseoc:

you obviously dont have a toddler.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Wow you people have no control over your children.

Mrseoc
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Yeah we're moving the DVD's this weekend. The reason i'm not doing it right now is because LO has them all out of their proper boxes and has disassembled the box sets.  So hubby and i decided we'd sit down together and go through all of them and put them away nice n neat... for the next ten years i suppose or until we're done with toddlers. lol

Quoting lillucky8:

The not listening is driving me insane. And the fighting between them.

Ps i put a huge gate box in front of the dvd rack, that keeps the little hands out of it. Dd used to pull them all off, made me bonkers, the gate resting there used to deter her but then ds discovered he could move the gate, luckily i saved the enormous box from the stairway gate and that seems to deter both of them.

katrina.0822
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM

He's an incredibly well behaved child but the not listening thing is getting to me. I know he hears me so it will just be "Urijah, honey, can you come see mama for supper... Urijah come here please.... Urijah, it's time for supper come over here... URIJAH!" Then after 4 or five times of repeating myself i get a very snotty "OKAYYYYYYYYYY" .... He's 2   -_- 

Just extra proof he's my child I guess lol.

Brycesmom2010
by New Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

When it's time for bed at night, he suddenly needs to go potty, and that toy is driving him nuts where it is sitting, oh and he forgot to give the dog a hug goodnight, don't forget to read the same book we have been reading every night for 2 weeks, now he needs a drink of water and to ask me 20 questions.  LOL!  He just turned 3 by the way.  It drives me absolutely crazy that I can't get him to just lay down and go to bed at night! 

Proudmom0610
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

OMG the not listening drives me nuts mine 4 and one just turned 2, neither one of them act like they don't understand english

MizzSuzy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol thats what my daughter used.to do but she moved on from the DVDs. Now its her toys like she has a grocery cart full of pretend food and shell just throw them on the floor and alot of blocks and balls. And whenever she.sees thats its superclean shell go and make a mess again after i just cleaned.up.
leslie1989
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Dumping out all his cars or blocks. Climbing all over me when I just want to relax. But surprisingly the other day after he dumped the blocks out he picked them all up.
cherylw993
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

It is a battle to get her ready to leave the house, even when we are going somewhere that she wants to go.

isaacsmommy68
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Quoting Brycesmom2010:

When it's time for bed at night, he suddenly needs to go potty, and that toy is driving him nuts where it is sitting, oh and he forgot to give the dog a hug goodnight, don't forget to read the same book we have been reading every night for 2 weeks, now he needs a drink of water and to ask me 20 questions.  LOL!  He just turned 3 by the way.  It drives me absolutely crazy that I can't get him to just lay down and go to bed at night! 

My son still does this and he is 10. All 500 stuffed animals have to be in a specific spot. Drives my husband crazy. Lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)