Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

What does your toddler do to drive you MAD!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just picked up all the DVDs off the floor, like i do at least twice a day. It's not enough to pull them all off the shelf but my daughter has to take them all out of their boxes and all the disks all over the floor.. so i come in from washing dishes ,or whatever i may have been doing,  to about 50 DVDs all over my floor out of their box sets out of their cases with greasey baby hand prints all over them. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

What do your toddlers routinely do that drives you crazy?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Replies (31-40):
isaacsmommy68
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My 17 month old is a climber and a screamer! Use your words.......ahhhhhhhhhhh! He just learned to climb the chair to the table and flip over the arm of the couch. Gives me a heart attack.
iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM

OK, so we got magnetic locks for the entertainment center a long time ago because DS tried that a couple times.

Lately, he's been driving me nuts with his sassy mouth.  He picks an arguement over the smallest things and wants to talk back. The other night I seriously thought i was just going to pull out all of my hair.

mousermom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
My daughter was in stuff left and right I was getting runned down between keeping up with her and her 4 month old brother. I got to where timeout wasn't working . So I made a game out of the mess ,if she pick up all the toys before I put all the dvds and games up she will get a treat. Now she helps me clean up around the house.
Mrseoc
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I understand this issue!! My 20 month old had has pretty much mastered climbing ALL OVER the house. She's still too short to get over the baby gate but she manages to get on all the tables, and up all the couches. She likes to climb up on the table and pick my house plants apart. She gets a little too daring sometimes.  

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

My 17 month old is a climber and a screamer! Use your words.......ahhhhhhhhhhh! He just learned to climb the chair to the table and flip over the arm of the couch. Gives me a heart attack.

pumpkin1423
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with OP. You have no right to come in here and bash us because you think the moms in this thread "have no control"and you have perfect little children who listen. Good for you?
Ill parent my way, you parent yours. Personally, I'm not gonna walk around with a big stick up my butt about it. I suggest you get off your high horse and do the same.

Quoting Mrseoc:

well good for you. You also could have simply NOT REPLIED because there is nothing that your kids do to drive you crazy (i seriously doubt that) then this thread does not apply to you.. no need to respond and be snarky.

I made this thread, not to complain, but because sometimes when my kid does this stuff it cracks me up, i was curious what everyone else's kids do..... not curious what you had to say about what my kid does. She has free reign and i'm fine with that arrangement..... i dont care how many kids you have, i'm happy with my parenting. Thanks for the input.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

LOL yes I do, My children are ages 7months, 14months, 3, 5, 7,7,8, 9, and 11 year old. I have been raising toddlers since my 11 year old was one and I have never had to complain about the stuff these people complain about, why? Because I don't put up with the shit these parents are all complaining about. My kids get into stuff they aren't supposed to they get disciplined, not babied. You don't want your child getting into stuff be a parent and quit acting like you are their friend.

Quoting Mrseoc:

you obviously dont have a toddler.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Wow you people have no control over your children.

Mrs.Velasquez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:45 PM
When she spits. Idk why, but it's a habit I don't like. Lol. She wets her shirts all the time from it.

She does the DVD thing, but so did my oldest. I hit used to it haha.

Writing on the walls would be another thing.
ursy
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Try storing them somewhere she can't reach them for now.  Problem solved.  When she's older you can put them back there.  Sorting is one of the activities young children need to learn...taking things off a shelf is the first step.  Try finding some things she CAN take off a shelf (and later put back up when she's gotten that skill together).  Maybe get her a shelf all her own that she can play with any way she wants.  Put some old DVD's or CD's on there or whatever she's interested in at the time.

I re arrange my house when I have young children there frequently (like my grandbabies now)...makes life so much easier. 

ursy
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Create safe places to climb that are not off limits.  Help her distinguish the difference between these places and those not safe.  She'll learn and you'll have some peace.

kaffedrikke
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Not if your kid is like my neighbours.

Quoting dap1983:

Same exact thing here.

Quoting owl0210:

My son's 3.5 and pretty much drives me crazy daily when he doesn't listen to me. It's literally a battle over everything. Please tell me it gets better once they turn 4.

DezzesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My four year old DD does the exact same! Drives me crazy because the majority of the movies we own now seem to have some kind of scratch on them. I have tried child proofing my entertainment center where we house the DVDs and she has managed to get around that. Too smart for her own good! Lately she has started with being sneaky about her activities. She no longer has a bedroom door because when she is told no or gets in trouble she would scream and then stomp to her room and slam the door shut, so DH took her door of the hinges, but we still have a door that separates the hallway and living room. She will wait until I am rocking my 8 month old DS to sleep and come and shut the living room door to sneak into the kitchen or into my room; where she knows she is not supposed to be. This drives me insane because I have to get up (which makes my DS wake up) to check on what she is trying to get into and then start the process all over again with DS. I have attempted making her lay down on the couch to nap but it is futile because she is a nap fighter and she just makes a lot of noise which defeats the purpose. I am at a loss as to how to stop this activity. She gets into trouble each time and I have explained to her that being sneaky is like lying and is not acceptable. If she cannot do it infront of me she has no business doing it.  What scares me the most is she is only four so if this is occuring now what do I have in store for me during the teenage years. Lord help me! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN