Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

gotta be kidding me

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Some woman just came up to me at the store yelling about my sons car seat cause he's not RF he 4 &40lbs!! And wtf are you doing looking in my car and telling me my son will die if we get in a wreck and that she hopes I learn my lesson WTH is wrong with people??
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Twin2Walker
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Wow. The nerve of some people!

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:13 PM
He can only rf at 40lbs if his seat goes to 45lbs rfing. If I have any more (I doubt I will) that's the kind I want :) and then a Britax Frontier 90 for harnessing to 90lbs. Ds is 43lbs and in a 5 pt harness in a Frontier 85
I had just bought it brand new when I heard the 90 was coming out in a few months. So I just stuck with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM

That's hilarious!  How did you respond?  Did you engage or just move away as quickly as possible?

Jenningsmommy
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I thanked her for her unwelcome advice and "nicely advised" her to move out of the path of my car
corrinacs
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Good for you!  The nerve of some people.   I would have said "well, the instruction manual of my carseat says....:" and left it at that.

Mrseoc
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM

people would rather protest other people's parenting choices than be decent human beings. How dare her say the word die in a sentace referring to your LO. People!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I am all for extended rear facing, my daughter is 22 months and I have no plans to put her forward facing anytime soon, that's just crazy to go off on a stranger for not rear facing their 4 year old... I could understand a little more if your child was a year or under, but really?

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:33 PM
You could understand it more if it were a 1 year old? I turned both of my kids at 13 months for reasons that I will not justify and regardless of YOUR choices, you (generic "you") don't have the right to berate me for mine when they are not breaking the law. Show me a kid with NO car seat and that's a whole other thing. Nothing justifies this persons behavior.

Quoting .Angelica.:

I am all for extended rear facing, my daughter is 22 months and I have no plans to put her forward facing anytime soon, that's just crazy to go off on a stranger for not rear facing their 4 year old... I could understand a little more if your child was a year or under, but really?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

i didn't mean it like that. I am FOR rear facing past 1, but there is a right way and a wrong way to give someone information. Her way was the wrong way for sure. I meant that I can understand someone saying something NICELY to someone with a younger baby. I just didn't choose my words right because I was distracted with the kids and typing quickly. lol sorry for that.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

You could understand it more if it were a 1 year old? I turned both of my kids at 13 months for reasons that I will not justify and regardless of YOUR choices, you (generic "you") don't have the right to berate me for mine when they are not breaking the law. Show me a kid with NO car seat and that's a whole other thing. Nothing justifies this persons behavior.

Quoting .Angelica.:

ursy
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

None of her business.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)