Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your LO do this?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ever since my dd stopped sleeping swaddled (around 8 months old) she has slept with something over her head.  At first she would just pull her blanket up over her head.  When she was 17 months we bought her this stuffed dog from Ikea for Christmas because she's a huge dog lover and then she started sleeping with that over her head.  She falls asleep on her side with the dog perfectly positioned over the side of her face resting on her shoulder.  She's nearing 4 1/2 and has done this EVERY SINGLE night (and naps).  I'm assuming it's a sensory thing but I don't know what need it serves.

It just cracks me up.  She "put my hubby to bed" the other day in her bed and after she covered him with a blanket, she put her doggy over his face!  It's adorable but it's just always made me wonder.

Does your LO sleep with something over their head/face?

(this is an OLD photo)

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoanahLee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Mine is only 8 months now, but he always pulls the blanket over his head. Makes me nervous, but if I move it, he gets mad. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I know!  I asked my doc about it when she started doing it and he just said since she put it there herself, she was fine.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Mine is only 8 months now, but he always pulls the blanket over his head. Makes me nervous, but if I move it, he gets mad. 

LadyBugMom09
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
No. I don't think I'd be able to sleep if they did! Lol. :)
Silverkitty
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My hubby sleeps this way from time to time.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM

but your kid(s) doesn't/don't?

i know my dad used to (probably still does) sleep on his stomach with his head under his pillow.  maybe it's genetic?  neither dh nor i do this though.

Quoting Silverkitty:

Silverkitty
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Not that I've noticed.  Thought my kids do other odd things, butt or knee in the air.  

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

but your kid(s) doesn't/don't?

i know my dad used to (probably still does) sleep on his stomach with his head under his pillow.  maybe it's genetic?  neither dh nor i do this though.

Quoting Silverkitty:

.Angelica.
by Angie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:08 AM

lol, that's funny. neither of my kids do anything like that.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Both of my girls like to cover their head with their favorite toy of the moment. My husband puts a pillow over his head and I like to have my blanket tucked up around my ears like a mummy.

CelestialSong
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Mine doesn't, but that is an adorable quirk :)

katherine.0706
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:17 PM
How cute. My dd doesn't do this, but she has a blanky, one side soft, one side silky. The soft side HAS to be on her with silky side up, then she rubs the silkiness between her fingers. That's her special quirk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)