Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how old was your munchkin when...

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 29 Replies
You bought them a bike? Did it take them long to learn how to ride it?

Dh just bought ds1 a bike for his birthday which is Dec 10th but gave it to him early. He will be turning 3 and he LOVES the bike! Now to teach him lol
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM
He was 2 when I bought him a tricycle and 3 when I bought him a big boy spiderman bike lol.
SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM

mine have never had a bike bought for them..to much $ to buy 5

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
My dd had a trike at 18 months old and this Christmas we are getting her a bike. She is 4.5.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM

My son will be 7 on Dec 10th!!

He got his first bike with training wheels around 3 1/2 (spring/summer time).  He started riding without training wheels at 5 1/2.  He picked both up immediately.

DD got her first bike last Christmas at 3 1/2.  She was riding it around within mins.  She's nearly 4 1/2 now and could do without training wheels if we tried but it's getting wet and cold so we'll do that in the Spring

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

that would be a lot!  even with 2 kids, i refuse to buy things like bikes brand new.  my son's was a hand-me-down from an older friend and then we got my dd's from craigslist for $20 including a helmet!

Quoting SnowWhieQueen:

ashbash1616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:24 PM
We got ds1 a tricycle last year and he still loves it. Ds2 is 1 1/2 so he likes to play on it. Ds1 was so happy when dh gave him the bike. We went and got a helmet and knee/elbow pads today so he could ride it. :-)

Quoting owl0210:

He was 2 when I bought him a tricycle and 3 when I bought him a big boy spiderman bike lol.

ashbash1616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree I couldnt believe how much a kids bike is! Dh spent $60 on it. I told him he was crazy!

Quoting SnowWhieQueen:

ashbash1616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I bet shes going to be happy!

Quoting mamamedic69:

My dd had a trike at 18 months old and this Christmas we are getting her a bike. She is 4.5.

ashbash1616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Aww yay! I told dh he shouldve waited til summer because there really isnt anywhere to ride it now. But ds was so excited and did really great today riding his bike.:-)

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

My son will be 7 on Dec 10th!!

He got his first bike with training wheels around 3 1/2 (spring/summer time).  He started riding without training wheels at 5 1/2.  He picked both up immediately.

DD got her first bike last Christmas at 3 1/2.  She was riding it around within mins.  She's nearly 4 1/2 now and could do without training wheels if we tried but it's getting wet and cold so we'll do that in the Spring

ashbash1616
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish dh wouldve told me prior to getting it. He got it brand new for $60 plus I got e helmet and knee/elbow pads for $35 today .... Im pretty sure I couldve found one cheaper!

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

that would be a lot!  even with 2 kids, i refuse to buy things like bikes brand new.  my son's was a hand-me-down from an older friend and then we got my dd's from craigslist for $20 including a helmet!

Quoting SnowWhieQueen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)