Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

who else has a 4yr in diapers at night?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

My son is 4 and still wears a diaper at night.  I know kids are all different when it comes to potty training, but I was just curious.... is this bad?  I tried for a while without diapers- but he will wet his bed.  I have 3 yr old twin girls also so it's just easier right now to put diapers on at night until they stay dry.  

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
My son is 4 1/2 and wears night time pull ups.
Ashanti22
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
My son is 4&a half he's not potty trained at all I'm probably no help though he's autistic my 3&a hlf is not trained neither
KLmomof2
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

i think for boys in general it seems as if they have a harder time getting up at night to pee, and i know my son is 5 he doesnt pee the bed often , but on occasion he will wake up and be running to the bathroom upset bc he had peed a little, so he just wears a pullup for precautions. i dont think its something bad at all, however a way to help is to limit the amount they drink after say 6:30p or so. it does help. but they will grow out of it eventually!! :)

Amanda7409
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My 4yo ds wears pull ups at night.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
My 4.5 year old son wears pull-ups at night
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

my son got out of them right at his 4th birthday.  it's not bad, it is what it is.  staying dry at night happens when a hormone is released from the brain to slow and concentrate urine production.  it happens when it happens.  do not limit fluids for this.  kids need tons of fluids and it will NOT make a difference at all (maybe they'll wet 4oz vs. 8oz but they are still wet nonetheless).  the AAP advises against limiting fluids as well.

it's entirely possible that 1 or both of your twins will get there before your son does and that's okay!  docs don't even consider this a problem until about 8 years old.  I believe Kindergarten is about average age.  Once you see him (or the twins) waking up dry most every night, protect the mattress and give it a shot.  They'll get there!!!

Ktina11
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Kids are very different. I have three boys all within 3.5 years. Ods was fully trained day/night before 3. MDS was in pullups at night til 5 and still has some nights he still has accidents. And youngest will be 4 next month and still wears a pullup at night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM

my 4 yr old wears undies during the day and pullups at night

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Me, my doctor said that it's perfectly normal, her bladder is just not big enough, and that his daughter was in diapers until over 5, as long as she doesn't have accidents during the day or pain there is nothing to worry about

mommyrocioof3
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM

My son is 4 almost 5 and is still in pull ups but he also has developmental delays so not much help same with my 3 and half year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)