Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

How often do you let your toddler/preschooler stay up late?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
2 moms liked this

I let my son stay up to ten tonight which doesn't happen too often. We had a "date" night lol. We sat on the couch, ate popcorn, and watched Cars.

by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Rarely, I don't want to deal with a cranky kid the next day. All my kids like to be in bed by 7:30-8 oclock.

kajira
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM

were on a shifted schedule since her dad works nights right now. We got to bed around midnight 1am and get up around 10am.

I also homeschool, so sleeping in and having our schedule shifted back a few hours is no big deal. We still have a routine and normal time for stuff, we just have it shifted a few hours later than the average person.

OBImomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Rarely. If they sleep in (past 8am) on Saturday they can stay up til 8:30-9 on Saturday night. This does not happen often. They are usually up and ready to go by 6:30-7am. Bedtime is 7-7:30pm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Very rarely. We had guests visit overnight for a week and one night I let him stay up late. 15 minutes past our normal bedtime he started having meltdowns, so we went up to bed then.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM
If we are out on a date the kids go to a child care place and may be up until about midnight. That's once every month or 2. These days, with our weekly schedule and my sons early weekend hockey games, they are almost always in bed on time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alishas112
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Only on the weekends and its not super late maybe 10.
Kaitlin123
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I am ashamed to say very often he stays up to 11-12 but he gets up at 8 so I guess that is ok
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM

NEVER. Bedtime is sacred at this house but my son has sensory issues and routine is a huge part of keeping him balanced and happy. Daylight savings time changes, which is just an hour throws him off for weeks, a night up for "fun" is just not worth the drama the next few weeks. Maybe when he us older it won't be as big a deal but at almost 4 bedtime is still a hard and fast rule.

Zazayam
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Usually on weekends, not really late but maybe 10 ish.

MarylandMom123
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I try not to let it happen often, because it will throw off our schedule for the next few days. DD (22 months) is usually in bed between 8-8:30pm. Sometimes for the occasional special event or family visiting she'll stay up until 9pm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)