Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am a returning cafemommer....This isnt for advice really, more of a curiousity.  I have a 4 year old son (the only boy and the baby of the family), He is REALLY lovey dovey with me.  He cuddles with me all the time and rubs his face up and down my arm (kind of llike a cat rubbing up against your legs).  He kisses my arm all the time and tells me how much he loves me ALL THE TIME.  Not sure if this is normal or not because my girls didnt do this with me.  Anyone else's kid do this?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jenaree
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My daughter will rub my arm and kiss it when we are sitting on the couch. She tells me how much she needs me and wants me and loves me all the time. i am super close with her and I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. Enjoy the cuddles now because soon will come a time when he will be too embarassed to love his mommy!

adoredbyhim
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I do enjoy it. i know it goes away.  I have a 15 year old and a 6 year old that are at home with me, my husband and my 4 year old son.  I wasnt asking if it was wrong or if there was anything wrong with it.  I was just curious how many other people have kids that are this way.  I love my kids and the extra cuddles makes me feel like im doing something right.

Sebbiemama
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw! Yeah, my 4 year old is kind of like that too. Sometimes. There are lots of moments when he'll snuggle against me and rub my arm while making soft cooing noises. When someone is sad or upset, he'll gently pet them or hug them while whispering "It's okay. It's okay." He's a very sweet, snugglie boy. But then there are moments when he'll order me to leave the room or stop talking to him so it's a mix. 

adoredbyhim
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM

BUMP!

maxswolfsuit
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM

My three year old does that when he's in the mood. His brother never did. But he will sometimes. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My son is super affectionate too. Always wanting hugs, kisses, snuggles, you name it. He will constantly tell people he loves them, that they are beautiful, all sorts of compliments too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)