Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What parenting moments do you regret from 2013?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 11 Replies

Did you yell too much? Forget a special birthday tradition? Over react and then regret it?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
we-r-up-to-4
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I yelled too much and had the do as I say not ask do attitude. I'm a total hypocrite!
buddhabird828
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly feel that I was a total mess up most of the year :/ I yelled, I overreacted, I slept more often than I spent time with my four year old. I was pregnant for most of the year (I have a 3 week old) and my pregnancy was very stressful and I had many issues at work that unfortunately I believe I took out on my poor little girl. Now that the baby has come I am balancing out hormonally and I have made an attempt to do better by my daughter but I do feel like a big, fat meanie. 

mem82
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I always feel like that after a pregnancy. Remember that you probably weren't as mean as you feel you were and kids are very forgiving. 8)

Quoting buddhabird828:

I honestly feel that I was a total mess up most of the year :/ I yelled, I overreacted, I slept more often than I spent time with my four year old. I was pregnant for most of the year (I have a 3 week old) and my pregnancy was very stressful and I had many issues at work that unfortunately I believe I took out on my poor little girl. Now that the baby has come I am balancing out hormonally and I have made an attempt to do better by my daughter but I do feel like a big, fat meanie. 

maxswolfsuit
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:42 PM

hmmmmmm....

I think we should have been more consistent with the potty training. It's harder with two kids than it was with one. Maybe if I had worked more on it earlier in the year I wouldn't be doing so much laundry now. LOL

Jenn8604
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Yell when I was overly tired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmarinewife1
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I have a bad habit of rolling my eyes when my kids do something wrong but then they roll their eyes and I get on to them for it. Mommy needs some structure

gingermommy86
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I regret yelling as much as I have but I'm 36 weeks pregnant so that has a lot to do with it. Also I regret not keeping on top of potty training. .. dd is 2 and she knows everything about it just doesn't want to sit long enough to go... we will get it one day!
steffiecox
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:38 AM
this

Quoting Jenn8604: Yell when I was overly tired.
mem82
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I'm right there with you on this.lol

Quoting usmarinewife1:

I have a bad habit of rolling my eyes when my kids do something wrong but then they roll their eyes and I get on to them for it. Mommy needs some structure

Lindzlou91
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I yelled way too much and spanked instead of timeouts. -_- I've changed my ways though since we got into counseling and I see a difference in behavior. Still have an awful case of mommy-guilt though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)