Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any advice for a baby with a cold?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

my 11 month old has a bad cold but i dont think theres a whole lot i can do except give her tylenol... and she feels alittle warm but i already gave her the last dose and i can't get any more tilli get out to the store this afternoon. i've tried humidifiers, elevating her mattress a bit, the tylenol, popscicles and formula and juice, tried sucktioning out the yuckies but can't seem to get out much... anything else I can do? she seems miserable, shes asleep on my lap now for the third time today and its only 12:30pm.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Give her a bath and let her sinuses drain.

mem82
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Sometimes, the only thing you can do is let them sleep. 8^/

lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Bath with baby vicks will break it up.

baby vicks on feet with socks and or chest.

Vicks stuff in the humidifier.

Limit dairy intake as that will cause more mucus
tears30314
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Try putting vicks vapo rub on her feet and a fresh pair of socks on and let her sleep. Put some on her chezt as well. And not too much diary.....I learned that the hard wt it makes it worse with the mucus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears30314
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Oh I just saw lilmama response....lol! I have a two yr old with the same problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs._Lovett
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:01 PM

thanks ladies :)  i'm gonna see if we have some vicks lying around here, i think so, if not i'll pick some up this afternoon....she'll be getting a bath tonight anyway

ProudMeof2
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I agree with giving her a bath and if you can get her Johnson's Soothing Vapor Bath that would help alot also.

Mrs._Lovett
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM

i've never heard of that, i'll have to check it out ;)

Quoting ProudMeof2:

I agree with giving her a bath and if you can get her Johnson's Soothing Vapor Bath that would help alot also.

momtotwo08
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Turn the shower to hot and shut the door until it gets steamy then just sit in the floor with her for 10-15 min. The steam is supposed to help. Nasal drops, humidifier and yes the Vicks on her feet should help too. Hope she feels better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)