Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler panty size

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
We just got my dd some big girl panties and they look a bit too small. The package says size 2-3t goes up to 27 lbs, and the size 4t goes from 28 lbs up (can't remember how high). My dd is small and has no butt but is 28/29 lbs. Should I take them back and get the bigger size? I don't want them to be big and baggy, but the ones she has now won't last very long if she grows much. We only got her 1 package, and haven't washed them yet. Do you think that will make them get smaller?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
maxswolfsuit
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I don't know. I always got the 2-3T and they were big for my boys, but they grew into them. It didn't seem to matter that they were baggy at first. I hate buying them something they only use for a little while before they grow out of it. 

mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
They may shrink when washed. My DD was a tiny 19 month old when she potty trained, so I'm not quite sure when her underwear stopped being baggy and whether it was because it shrunk or she grew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:00 PM
My 4yr old AND 7yr old are both still in 2t/3t panties! They fit them and they are 34lbs and like 43lbs.
iansmommy9
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM

For boys, my son grew out of the 2T-3T in no time.  He's now in 4T and he weighs about 38 pounds.

mammabear413
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:20 PM
We are
In 2t 3t. They leave marks in his waist but 4 to like fall off of him. So we stick with smaller
Ones for now he's 35 pounds
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM

If I remeber correctly, my son's underwear didn't get any smaller after being washed. It's always difficult to tell which sizes will be the best fit. I think I'd go with the bigger size, since she is within the weight of the bigger one, it should fit but still leave room for her to grow into them. I bought my son size 2/3t when he was 2, but by the time he was fully potty trained (2 months after his 3rd birthday) I had to get him size 6 instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)