Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son just turned 5 and has a speech delay. Can anyone relate?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM
  • 19 Replies

He turned5 a little over a month ago and has an annunciation problem with his speech and gets frustrated with me when I can't understand him or try to get him to ''repeat after me'' He has recently started speach therapy but I need to talk to someone who is or has gone through the same situation. Thank You -Amanda

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My DS had a bad speech problem but only had to have speech through first grade.. He started second grade this year..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Btw, he had speech for 4 years..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krystlzd3
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
My 6 year old is in speech through school.

My 5 year old has been accepted in early intervention through the district. We go back on the 22nd to set up a plan and schedule.

My 3 year old will eventually need it, more than likely. Both sides of the family have speech delays, especially with males. He seems to have hit a plateau with language development.
hazel1922
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My five year old had a major speech delay. He did not speak whatsoever like a 5 year old. He start speech therapy 3 weeks after school started and he's talking more normal now. He still needs work but he's doing so much better.
Christy78
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

my son been in speech since he was 3 yrs old and he had a speech delay  but from 3 yrs old to 5 yrs old he and speech  throught his pre-school  and a speech  lady at the hospital .  6 yrs old to 11 yrs old 1 day a week at his school .

Mel106
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 3 he has been in speech since 1 1/2 they say the earlier you start the better. We had the alliance for infants help before he was 3 an now he gets speech threw school but I think I'm going to find some more speech therapy because I would rather him have some one on one attention instead of in the classroom setting.
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM

My oldest has speech delay and hard time pronouncing words. She has gone to speech therapy since she was two and half years old. She is know 10 years old and still gets speech.

Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:51 AM
My son is turning 5 January 30. He's had speech issues since he was 18 months. He's been in speech therapy ever since.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hot_momma633
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM
my little brother has speech therapy to. he was deaf til he was 3 and had therapy til he was in 5 grade I think.
mommaFruFru
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM
My older 2 both have speech delays.
My 7.5yo started getting services at 3 5, and is still in therapy.

My middle son started at 4, and is now 5.5 in kindergarten and receiving them

What exactly do you want to know?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)