Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snot making ds vomit

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 2yo has now puked twice today. He isn't sick just he has been getting choked up on the snot going down the back of his throat. He has had allergies/cold for the past couple weeks and had a horrible cough. well just today he quit coughing and now is getting choked up on the drainage down the back of his throat. Does anyone have any good suggestions to dry up his nose? also ive never had this before and don't know if it is relevent but both time he puked his nose was bleeding a little bit (not gushing or anything just i could see a drop come out with his runny nose.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
millasmum
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

My daughter is five and still has this problem at night. I just try to get her to blow her nose as much as I can. I wish I had a better suggestion for you.

Molimomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Yup, happened to my son. Two things I can recommend is a warm bath with eucalyptus oil in it, keep the door closed so the bathroom is steamy, it helps loosen the congestion. And you can get one of the wax or scentsy melters (I know target sells them) and put, like, a tablespoon of Vapor rub and a little water in the melting bowl on the top. That works GREAT for congestion. Only other thing that helps my son when he is super congested is Benedryl Allergy & sinus but it also makes him absolutely crazy so I try and avoid it at all costs unless I am desperate.

jlbelknap35
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM

I was thinking maybe the vapor rub thing, i saw that on pintrest too. He has had 2 baths today because he was laying down when he vomited and it got all in his hair and everything (YUCK!). I just resently switched from using the benedryl to the childrens allegra sense his cough was getting worse and the benedryl wasn't doing any good except hyping him up before bed. The allegra got the cough to quit and thinned out the congestion but now that its thinner its draining down  both his nose and throat :-(.

Quoting Molimomma:

Yup, happened to my son. Two things I can recommend is a warm bath with eucalyptus oil in it, keep the door closed so the bathroom is steamy, it helps loosen the congestion. And you can get one of the wax or scentsy melters (I know target sells them) and put, like, a tablespoon of Vapor rub and a little water in the melting bowl on the top. That works GREAT for congestion. Only other thing that helps my son when he is super congested is Benedryl Allergy & sinus but it also makes him absolutely crazy so I try and avoid it at all costs unless I am desperate.

Molimomma
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Quoting jlbelknap35:

I was thinking maybe the vapor rub thing, i saw that on pintrest too. He has had 2 baths today because he was laying down when he vomited and it got all in his hair and everything (YUCK!). I just resently switched from using the benedryl to the childrens allegra sense his cough was getting worse and the benedryl wasn't doing any good except hyping him up before bed. The allegra got the cough to quit and thinned out the congestion but now that its thinner its draining down  both his nose and throat :-(.

Quoting Molimomma:

My son gets Allegra daily too. I only switch to the Benedryl sinus stuff when he has a bad cold. Try the vapor rub trick, it really does help. I put it on my son's feet and put socks on too. I don't know WHY it works but it does!

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)