Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

son is crying when he wets his diaper any help?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

my son is 20 months old now. i've noticed he will stop and sometimes start crying and grab himself. idk if he's just realizing he is peeing and he doesnt like the feeling or if it is actually hurting him. any help yall? hes starting to do it at night now too.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

?  I believe bladder infections are rare in boys but if you honestly think it's a pain cry vs. a fear cry then you may just run him in to have it checked out...

Mittens333
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

jobberwocky
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
If you think he's in pain then take him to the dr. You can try letting him run around without a diaper on and see how he reacts when he pees. If he still cries and grabs himself then is get him checked for a bladder infection.

Otherwise, try seeing if he wants to use the potty if he just doesn't like being wet.
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM

is he verbal enough to tell you if it hurts? If you think he is in pai it would be a good idea to have him checked.

triggersmom27
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

we're working on his verbal skills but hes not there yet. i had him checked today and he doent have a uti. they said hes just waiting too long to go so then it burns some when he finally does.

Quoting .Angelica.:

is he verbal enough to tell you if it hurts? If you think he is in pai it would be a good idea to have him checked.

Rhodin
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Maybe he just doesn't like to be wet and that's why he holds it in.  Get him a potty.

Quoting triggersmom27:

we're working on his verbal skills but hes not there yet. i had him checked today and he doent have a uti. they said hes just waiting too long to go so then it burns some when he finally does.

Quoting .Angelica.:

Kitty_Myrick
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:00 PM

It never hurts to call the doctor.

happy new year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)