Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Do the grandparents spoil them rotten?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this

Abuelos...

Do the grandparents spoil your kids? We have an issue with my   in-laws and sweets. They don't know how to say no!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:29 PM
My in laws will give my kids anything they ask for... Ugh... Drives me crazy!!
mrsniebo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Yes, but not necessarily with sweets- sometimes it's toys. Both sets of grandparents live out of town, so they do a bit of spoiling and at times it seems like they're trying to out-do each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM
My parents spoil the kids but by letting them kinda get away with more than I would at home. They respect my wishes of not wanting them havein sweets and such though. But my ex hubs parents tried to shove every cupcake/icecream/and donut down there throats as soon as they got a tooth. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that woman anymore.
godsgirl26
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Yes, but no always sweets more like video games, money, dolls. Anything they ask for they get from their grandma.

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Quoting ilovemykids732: My in laws will give my kids anything they ask for... Ugh... Drives me crazy!!

Yes, same here! It's maddening!

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Quoting mrsniebo: Yes, but not necessarily with sweets- sometimes it's toys. Both sets of grandparents live out of town, so they do a bit of spoiling and at times it seems like they're trying to out-do each other.

Haha, well, the kids make out pretty good.

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Quoting amberNewman0213: My parents spoil the kids but by letting them kinda get away with more than I would at home. They respect my wishes of not wanting them havein sweets and such though. But my ex hubs parents tried to shove every cupcake/icecream/and donut down there throats as soon as they got a tooth. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that woman anymore.

My in-laws are the smae way. I have seen them offer the junk to them when they aren't even asking for it! 

sophiesmom07
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Quoting godsgirl26: Yes, but no always sweets more like video games, money, dolls. Anything they ask for they get from their grandma.

Oh boy.  Well, it has it's good and bad.

godsgirl26
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Quoting sophiesmom07:

Quoting godsgirl26: Yes, but no always sweets more like video games, money, dolls. Anything they ask for they get from their grandma.

Oh boy.  Well, it has it's good and bad.

when they were young it was a flipping pain. But now that they are older they understand my husband and I won't just give them everything. We have talked to my husband's mom about this but we don't know what she does when they are at her home.

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

calvinsmommy18
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Both kids. Both sets of grandparents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN