Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Age appropriate T.V. for toddlers?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
  • 65 Replies

What t.v. shows are appropriate for toddlers girl/boy? Educational value? Any that strike you as violent? What are your favorites? Thank you:)

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3againstitall
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't allow my son to watch TV till he was 2. Then I let him watch Thomas, Bob the Builder, Sesame Street and Blues Clues. Didn't want him to be bombarded with shows. I also picked aged centered shows. As he got older, I allowed more shows. I tried to shield him from the annoying shows and ones that make no sense. There is a few shows he loves that I am like really? But they aren't terrible so...

I love Super Why; our recent discovery. My almost 4 year old loves to participate with the letter recongization and spelling. I enjoy Oconaunts and Little Einsteins. He enjoys Paw Patrol and Mickey. All good shows.

amazzonia
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

none

steffiecox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 3:45 PM
My dd watches Mickey's Club House and Doc McStuffins.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Sid the Science Kid, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger, Special Agent Oso, and Octonauts are what my son watches. I like Word World too but my son isn't really into it.

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM
We stick to mostly Disney junior cartoons. My 7 year old LOVES Wild Kratts on PBS. It teaches kids about different birds, animals, insects, etc. Super Why helped teach my dd her letters when she was 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandaschelle
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Super why
Dinasour train
Agent Oso
Leap frog
We only have Netflix so are limited
cabrandy03
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:23 PM

My personal favorites are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and Sid the Science Kid.

Johlsh
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:34 PM
Only a few super why, dora the explorer, sesame street, and the wiggles.

He has a few movies he watchs occasionally too.
Night_Roane
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM
The only ones I allowed were

Team Umizoomi (AWESOME math skills)

Go Diego Go (she could tell you that an anaconda was a snake who lived in the amazon and loved water)

And
Ni Hao Kai Lan (the friendship values alone are great, plus she got exposure to Manderan Chinese)
amantonacci
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:43 PM
My 4 year old loves lalaloopsy, doc mcstuffins, Sofia the first and bubble guppies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)