Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Valentines craft with 2.5 year old girl

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm wanting to get my 2.5 yo dd to make a valentines day craft for her grandparents and her dad. What is a very easy and simple one for her to do. It needs to be extremely inexpensive (like with stuff from around the house possibly) but still turn out cute.

If you have pics or links to directions, that would be really great. I'm usually really crafty, but I have pregnancy brain and can't think of anything.

Thanks for all your help.
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blapier
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Have you tried pinterest? I usually get some really cute ideas for crafts on there.
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Check out the blog no time for flash cards - she just posted 25 easy valentines day crafts.

You could always cut out hearts from construction paper & have her glue them onto a big heart, cut out a heart & print up a picture of her then glue it on, etc.

I usually also find cheap foam crafts at michaels - for like $2 you can get a photo frame for her to decorate, or stickers
emtgirl885
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this
If you have kid paint, you can give her paper(cut a heart out first) and let her paint the heart.
cherylw993
by Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:05 AM

When my daughter was that age, I just cut  out a red heart and she decorated it with stickers. You can also draw a heart on a white piece of paper and  she can glue little scraps of red and pink tissue paper inside the heart with a glue stick.

GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 6:47 AM

You can use construction paper, scrapbooking paper, printer paper, etc. Glitter, cotton balls, stickers, markers, crayons, foil...

You could make a heart and then cut out a small rectangle and glue it to the front. Get a spare key that you don't use anymore if you have one, tie yarn through or around it, punch a hole through the side of the heart, string the yarn through and tie through the hole, place the key into the pocket on the heart, and then write on the rest of the heart something like, "You hold the key to my heart. I love you! Happy Valentines Day!" or you could make it into a cheesy poem, "You hold the key to my heart so we shall never part." Lol! You could have her glue cotton balls to the other side all around the edges of the heart and then sprinkle glitter on the rest of it or use stickers to decorate it.

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 1, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Pinterest is always where I go first!

Making a heart out of her footprints would be cute and easy. :)

Quoting blapier: Have you tried pinterest? I usually get some really cute ideas for crafts on there.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Here are a few easy ones. You will still have to help but I think she would enjoy gluing and putting it together. (Click on pictures for links.)

List of Easy Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids | Sassy Dealz

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Super easy for a 2.5 year old! (Click on pic for instructions)

DIY: I Love You Handprint Craft For Kids (Great Keepsake Gift!) - Sassy Dealz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)