Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your toddler give you a hard time when it's time to leave somewhere fun?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM
  • 20 Replies

I remember my son went through this phase and now my daughter is starting it.

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Capemom01
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Yes! Not all of the time but whenever it was time to come in from the snow and also it's getting nicer and we went to the playground and it was a struggle to get her to leave
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Not generally. I'm pretty good about giving then adequate warnings and they are pretty good about respecting that it is time to go.

I'm sure there have been times when they have fussed but I couldn't even relay a story about one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Oh yeah. He never wants to leave Grandma and Grandpas.

I was once at McDonald's and watched a woman try to bribe her kid out of the play place. It didn't work so she had to crawl up after her. This was before the new ones, when it was still tubes. Anyway, I will never do that. I tell my DS to come down. If he says no I tell him if I have to go up there he'll regret it. It's worked every single time.

SCL_HF
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Yeah. Anytime he is playing at the park and we need to go because it's getting dark or cold he has an emotional breakdown. I always try to explain that we can come back and give him reasons for why we need to leave but most of the time he just doesn't listen and I end up needing to carry him out. *shrug*

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No. We don't take them any where fun. problem solved.

laughing

JUST KIDDING!! But no, they're not too bad about it.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Ughhh, yes. We have a hard time getting my 3 year old to leave anything fun like Chucky Cheese or the park.   I sometimes bribe him with a snack. 

wickedfunmom
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Yess!! I posted earlier it is like a production to get my DS in the car when it's time to go ! He kicks and screams the moment we start walking over to the car and I always feel like a horrible person but we can't spend the day hanging around the park because he's not ready to go :( How old is your daughter?

funny_girl3
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM

My son did well with a ten minute warning before leaving.  My daughter seems to be a little more defiant, just last week we went to the science center and I ended up leaving carrying her under my arm screaming.  We pushed past naptime that day because her older brother was having so much fun and we were there celebrating his birthday so I take responsibility for that disaster.  It wouldn't have been so bad if I had respected naptime.

Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM

My son is almost two and yesterday threw a giant fit over leaving the park.

golther
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM
My kids are pretty good when we go places. I set timers and then let them play when they hear the timer they get a little sad, but they gather their things and we go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)