Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Really!! way to judge people

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
I posted here yesterday about my son. He had a accident on the play ground and smack his cheek on a wagon handle. We did some running around this morning and my god the look people give you.. No I did not smack my child and yes I can hear you whisper to your lil friend about something that's not your business!
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rock.starPWR
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:39 PM
Yup. That's happened to us before as well. Kids are kids, and my son has gotten some awful bruises from the things he does. The worst was when he was running through the house (after having been told time and again to stop) and he tried to stop, tripped over his feet, and his face hit the floor, he had a terrible bruise on his cheek and a bloody nose. People gave me awful looks. It happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Ugh. Nosy people. I hope your son heals up soon, sounds ouchy!

wickedfunmom
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:17 PM

That's the worst. My DS is a little clumsy on his feet and more often than not has a bump or a bruise somewhere on his body. I always feel like that horrible parent when people give their judgmental glares in public but DH keeps telling me he's a little boy and little boys get bumps and bruises ! Sometimes I feel like I should just cover him in bubble wrap !! lol We can't protect them from everything.. I hope your son's cheek heals soon :-)

susan_marie
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I have had that happen... My poor dh got the rotten end of the stick, when on the same day, my dd bumped her eye on a door knob, and I got banged in the face by my other dd2 head, while she threw a fit. 

SCL_HF
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Oh no! That happened to me when DS was holding a toy above himself and dropped it on his little forhead. He had a small mark above his eye and people looked at me like I violently beat him! Gah!

PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM

That's horrible.  little kids get bumps and bruises.  My 4 year olds legs looked like one big bruise last summer because he was always outside falling down and running into stuff.  Anyone with children should have more sense than that, especially withink hearing distance of you - very tacky and thoughtless.

rock.starPWR
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I know what you mean. I'd love to put bubble wrap around DS and pad the floors and wall, but unfortunately, that wouldn't work. Kids are kids.

Quoting wickedfunmom:

That's the worst. My DS is a little clumsy on his feet and more often than not has a bump or a bruise somewhere on his body. I always feel like that horrible parent when people give their judgmental glares in public but DH keeps telling me he's a little boy and little boys get bumps and bruises ! Sometimes I feel like I should just cover him in bubble wrap !! lol We can't protect them from everything.. I hope your son's cheek heals soon :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Ughh, so annoying. That has happened to us in the past. With kids, you can't assume anything!

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

People are so rude. I'm sure there are tons of kids who ARE suffering who's bruises we can't see...

Just ignore and move on, mama. As long as you know the truth, it's all good.

WildPowerMom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM

That sucks!  I'm so sorry.  We only have one son so far, but my MIL raised 5 and she swears they can't exist a single day without a new bruise.  Boys are just so wild and out there (at least hers were) that everyday they'd find some new "trophy  mark" from their adventures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)