Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Has a friend ever gotten mad at you over this?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 76 Replies
1 mom liked this

My friend was telling me about another friend of hers that is mad at her because she feels that she (my friend) isn't really making an effort at their friendship. My friend works from home and has a 6 year old who is special needs. Needless to say, she is pretty busy. Have you ever had a friend get angry at you because she feels you don't make time for her?

I love my daughter more than anything

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Yeah a long time ago before I was married I got laid into. My friends were more into the bar scene and I wasn't. I was happier to be home alone or at my boyfriend's (now hubby).

collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Sort of....a lot of my pre-kid friends are no longer my friends - most have no kids, work, and expect me to go out to happy hours starting at 9 pm. DH works a lot & I do bedtime, I'm too tired to go out after a whole day with kids. So we are just 'Facebook friends' now.

DHs good friends never, ever initiate getting together - we used to hang out with them about once a month. They also never plan anything, just assume they can come over & DH makes dinner every time. I decided I'm not going to reach out again for a few months to see if they notice.
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:20 PM

I haven't been through that because most of my friends had kids around the same time I did. But I was an older mom in my thirties before I had kids. 

I have a friend who is 14 with a six year old. Her friends do get upset that she won't get a sitter to go party. 

Sigmalade
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

No, we all have kids and I am the last one to have one. I have never felt this way toward a friend either. We would call or email and if it took a day or two to get back, oh well, that is life. We are trying to get together a little more though.

RobynS
by Robyn on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM

No, but I didn't have kids until I was a bit older--most of my friends already had kids by then, so they understood. And when I was one of the few without kids, I never got mad at anyone for spending time with their fam instead of me. That's just silly and selfish and misguided, quite frankly.

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Two no longer talk to me. The others see me whenever and don't care. They know I have a kid and some have kids of their own so we see each other whenever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahw06219
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
No, we never had any conflict over it. But my child-less (child free?) friends I rarely ever see any more. They just have opposite schedules. When I have time during the day, they are working; when they are out at happy hour, I'm exhausted and shutting it down for the day.
MyNameIs-
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I don't have a lot of friends do I guess I don't have this problem. Lucky me. Most if those who I consider friends I've met since having kids and they have kids too.
Mommy2Boys0900
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I have a friend who feels I don't have enough time for her. I admit, after having my second kid, I didn't have much time for any of my friends. I thought she would be more understanding because she has 4
kids and should know they take up alot of time (and energy!)
djg0622
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
14 with a 6 year old? That's scary.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I haven't been through that because most of my friends had kids around the same time I did. But I was an older mom in my thirties before I had kids. 

I have a friend who is 14 with a six year old. Her friends do get upset that she won't get a sitter to go party. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)