Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Omg help!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 9 Replies

My fully potty trained child has all of the sudden started peeing on the floor in his room!  He peed in his toy box too.  He only does this at nap and at bed time.  We take him to the bathroom before he lays down and he goes every time.  He also gets up several times to go into the bathroom and goes every time.  Lately though he has been peeing on the floor/toy box in between going to the bathroom.  I am frustrated but I am also worried.  He urinates a lot!  Am I overreacting or should I call the dr?

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:36 AM

How old is he?

Have you guys had a large shake up in the household?

Is he aware of what he is doing?

SCL_HF
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Haven't had to deal with this yet but here's a BUMP!

.Angelica.
by Angie on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:51 AM

if he's going an unusual amount, it might be worth it to bring it up to the doc. better to find out it's nothing than to not bring him in when it is.

MissMaryann-2B
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM

He is 3.  I could understand wanting more of my attention, but he is with me all day long.  I get mad, have spanked him and also had him clean it up himself.  This last time he came out and said I cleaned my pee up with my Dino...he used a stuffed animal to wipe it up.  I am calling his pediatrician team today.  He is always thirsty also.  

mum2wyatt
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Always thirsty too?! Have him checked for diabeaties?!
chariot71226
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Check medical reasons first.  Wondering if he crys after or is embarassed. That would indicate that he's scared to come out and use the bathroom or something similar.  If he doesn't care I'd say he's testing his boundaries or just going through a weird phase.  Is he even napping? My girls stopped napping at age 2, they wouldn't sleep and I couldn't  trust them alone in their rooms for an hour; we just did an earlier bedtime.

Lavie74
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM

sounds like he may have a bladder/kidney infection. I'd take him to the pediatrician.

tiarra7022
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM

My DD who is 3 also started doing this but she just goes wherever she is. She is not potty trained for bed or naps so its just while she is up during the day. Im not sure what her deal is either. My DS went through this when he was younger. He would pee in anything he could find. It lasted a few months and then he stopped. Well for the most part I still catch him peeing in the trash cans and in his tub. Think he is just doing it to see what will happen

ShannaBee
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Do you know if he's asleep or awake when he's doing it? My FIL sleep walks and has been known to urinate in odd places thinking he's in the bathroom! How much liquids does he drink during the day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)