Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

29 months- Crossed eye/farsighted and glasses for a toddler. What's your experience?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
So... My youngest, Becca, has had a crossed eye for the past few months. I took her to the pediatric opthalmologist and got the diagnosis and glasses within a couple weeks later. I know it's not completely uncommon, but still, I can't seem to find any other moms in this situation. If you have any experience or suggestions, I'd love to hear from you!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JTE11
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I used to work with kids (birth to age three) and saw quite a few kids with glasses. All I can suggest is doing what you have to to keep them on, because if they need then they need them. Sometimes it can be a real battle. My DD is on the verge of needing glasses (age 3) and if so, the only thing I'll be worried about is getting her to not take them off all of the time. And just keep following up with the ophthalmologist regularly so he can check progress and make adjustments if necessary, that's about it.  I know that moms would probably prefer their kids not to have to wear glasses but everyone in my family gets them, usually young, and so it's not a huge deal for me. I think little kids with glasses are adorable.

sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM

My dd had a test at school and they thought she had a lazy eye. Took her to the eye doctor turned out she just needs glasses.  She seems pretty happy with them for the most part. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)