Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S.O.S

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
my daughter is 2 years old and I am trying to potty train her she understands the concept but refuses to cooperate unless she wants something any advice?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

If she just turned 2 and isn't cooperating then I would take a break and try again in another month or two.  There isn't a real rush and trying to force her will just make both of your lives harder. 

MommyHarder
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
she was going on her own very well but we went to my sisters house for a while and now she only sits there because she thinks if she tells me she goes potty she will get a prize

Quoting PAmommy32:

If she just turned 2 and isn't cooperating then I would take a break and try again in another month or two.  There isn't a real rush and trying to force her will just make both of your lives harder. 

PAmommy32
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM

She trying to work the system, smart.  I would stop giving her prizes.  I never gave prizes at all for potty training and it all went very well.  Treat it as any other developmental skill, such as walking, clapping, talking, etc.  Show her what to do and encourage her but don't force.  It is also common for children to relapse.

Quoting MommyHarder: she was going on her own very well but we went to my sisters house for a while and now she only sits there because she thinks if she tells me she goes potty she will get a prize
Quoting PAmommy32:

M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM
I figured out with my oldest the prizes don't work for this reason lol I would stop with prizes, when my boys go I jump up and down and get all excited and say that they are a big boy good job and high five lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I have a sticker chart for my son. After 20 stickers (one for each pee, one for washing his hands), he gets a TV show.
sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Quoting collinsmommy0: I have a sticker chart for my son. After 20 stickers (one for each pee, one for washing his hands), he gets a TV show.

Good idea!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)