Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bikes for almost 5 year old

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son has mastered the three wheeled bike. He does great at turning and I want to surprise him with a bike for Spring (Easter!!!) and I am wondering -

what are your favorite boys bikes? Study? Last a bit after training wheels come off.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM

my son's bike with training wheels stayed his bike without training wheels until last spring when he was 6+.  I believe it was a 12" and he now has a 16".  we got the 12" as a hand-me-down from another friend and bought his 16" from craigslist.

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:43 PM

we bought a regular bike at walmart. my son has enjoyed it. he learned to ride without training wheels a few months before he turned 6

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:15 PM

I don't know what my son's bike is but it's a beginner bike with two wheels and training wheels.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:56 AM

We just went to TRU and bought a small one with foot breaks and also a hand break on one side so he could learn that.

mem82
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Good luck!

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM
We just bought one that fit our daughters height and leg length at 4, we got her a14" bike, she's tall and leggy. We are getting my almost 3yo a 10" bike from tru this weekend for her bday
M0M0F3B0YS82
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM
We got our boys the jeep bikes and they loved them our 3yr old at the time outgrew his tricycle and now loves his bike still on training wheels at 5 but just one now lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Cheap, they outgrow them to fast to go expensive. We usually end up buying new bikes every year because they have outgrown the ones they have over the winter.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:44 PM

It really depends on your childs size.  My dd is 4.5(Aug birthday) she is riding a hand-me down bike from the neighbor it is a 16" and she does really great on it.  Hers is just a cheap brand but it is probably 10 yrs old and still works fine.  My 7 yr old has currently outgrown his and will also be getting a new one this spring but his was also a 16" Spiderman bike from Walmart I think it was around $70. 

sophiesmom07
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:36 PM

My ds doesn't have one yet. Maybe I should start looking. Hope you find something good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)