Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

FF before 2yr?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 58 Replies
I know the AAP suggests to RF til 2yr n 30lbs or max of seat. My son is 19mos, 31lbs, 33in, n 12.5in torso. I've had extreme wrist pain n even surgery. I want to keep him RF but he can't climb into his seat which would help me out tremendously. It is painful getting him in n out. He's in an Evenflo Momentum, which I love!!!! It goes 40lbs RF. I just don't know if it'd be ok to flip him or suffer through til he gets to 40lbs......
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

both mine were flipped at one year old because they maxed there seats and were demons about rear facing i could not go anywhere until i forward faced them with out hearing squalling the whole time lwe were in the car.

pinkiebabii
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I flipped my son at 18 months and 23 pounds. He would get car sick and scream bloody murder the entire trip.

FF him turned him into a completely different kid and really changed my life.

I feel like as long as you know the benefits and risks make an informed decision, sho what is right for you.

MedicturnedMama
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I turned both boys at 1 as well. They were big boys and screamed while RF.
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I believe that we all have to make these decisions based on what makes the most sense for our situation.  I turned both of my kids ff'ing around 13 months for various reasons that I usually don't give.  I made the decision I made and that was that. 

HopesNDreams
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
My son turned around 18 months because my daughter was born and two RF seats blocked access to the third row of pur minivan. Not only could they not get in, in an accident, they would be trapped. It was a safety issue.

These recommendations are made without any consideration to the many factors of life!my rear facing seats block all side view out of my van - so is my child really 'safer' when her safer position has made driving conditions less safe?????
ZA.Mama
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I think you have to do what is best for YOU and YOUR child. People can judge all they want. As someone who suffers from cronic pain, I can tell you people that have not dealt with your pain can never understand why you make your decisions.

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

There is no way I would forward face my child that young I don't really care the circumstances I just wouldn't take the risk. 

mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:33 PM

This is tough. I have four kids. My oldest got flipped at a year, and each one after that a little later. LOL Do your research and think about how you feel with all the facts. Avoid the propaganda sites.

Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I had surgery on my wrist as well but I didn't turn my son I just dealt with it. His safety was more important than my comfort.
.Angelica.
by Angie on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I'm not sure what I would do in your situation honestly. do you go places often? I am going to have to turn my daughter around this october and I'm not happy about it, and she will be 2 years 9 months at the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)