Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

seriously...wtf?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

have your LO(s) ever gone from loving something to hating it without warning? Lol my 17 month old used to LOVE having baths...she would love splashing around and always wanted to go in the tub. then about a week ago, went to put her in the tub, and its a huge fight the entire time. She trys to climb out of the tub, and screams and crys at the word bath. any suggestions? I have no idea why the sudden change.

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd did that over baths.  for her it was ANY tiny little crumb/dirt floating in the water sent her over the edge.  it was all of a sudden.  she screamed as if she was on fire.  all we did was stop filling the tub, put her in, let her scream as we washed her as quickly as possible.  I didn't want to traumatize her anymore than necessary but also didn't want to confirm her fears by not having her in the bath anymore.  She got over it.

mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I hate when that happens!

iansmommy9
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep and it was about at that same age.  We figured out he was relating bath to bed time, so we backed up bath time and gave him some time to play and after a week or so, he was back to normal.

GL

.Angelica.
by Angie on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

both my kids went through phases, about that age too, where they didn't like baths anymore for about a month. then they got over it. lol

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

They all do this. They love something then hate it. It's just a phase. They'll will have them with baths, food, getting dressed...  Try a new bath toy. give her a small plastic cup to use. That really helped my son get over his aversion to the tub. When I was his hair I try to tilt his head back or trhy to keep a small wash cloth over his forehead and eyes , that helps a bit , but he still cries.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM

They all go through phases. 

They go as quickly as they come. 

babie113
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
yup ds just did the same thing .went from loving bath time to hating it overnight pretty much O.o
KREX0914
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Try giving her a shower? My daughter loves "the inside rain."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)