Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

double stroller help, please!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM
  • 21 Replies

My son is 2.5 and apparently tall for his age b/c I went to Buy Buy Baby the other day to look at strollers and really wanted the Britax B Ready tandem but he's wayyy too big for the seat...he looked rediculous. lol

I also tried the city select, with the same problem...bummer.

The guy at the store suggested this one: http://www.joovy.com/p-522-caboose-varylight-stand-on-tandem-stroller.aspx

What do u ladies think?? Anyone have one? My dad thinks that my 2.5 yr old won't want to even be in the stroller much longer, but I don't agree...he still loves it.

I also don't want one of the cheap double strollers...I guess I'm kinda a snob that way lol

Thanks for ur help in advance!!! :)

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I only have 1 so I'm not too much help but we go out to the theme parks a lot and I see the Britax and the Joovy the most. Hopefully some on here will have some experience for you. Baby Gizmo on YouTube usually has really good video reviews too, that might help!

sammywantsababy
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 7:52 AM

thank u so much :) I really had my heart set on the Britax :(....I just didn't know much about the Joovy but it seems like a great option.

Quoting Molimomma:

I only have 1 so I'm not too much help but we go out to the theme parks a lot and I see the Britax and the Joovy the most. Hopefully some on here will have some experience for you. Baby Gizmo on YouTube usually has really good video reviews too, that might help!

kajira
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM

not sure, my daughter HATED strollers and prefers to walk - she's 3 now and the double stroller i'm buying for the twins is meant to accomodate two carseats and them growing at the samet ime together, not kids of different sizes.

I might suggest a sit and stand? it's on the back of the stroller allowing them to stand in the back for much bigger kids.

Here's an example though if you want to get a more expensive one of these, you can...

Sit and Stand

sammywantsababy
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

this stroller is also a sit and stand...if u click on the link it'll show u that the "big kid" can either sit in the front with the carseat on the back for the baby, OR the car seat can go in the front and the big kid can stand on the back...thats why I think its a good choice. Just wasn't sure if anyone heard good or bad things or had experience with it.

Quoting kajira:

not sure, my daughter HATED strollers and prefers to walk - she's 3 now and the double stroller i'm buying for the twins is meant to accomodate two carseats and them growing at the samet ime together, not kids of different sizes.

I might suggest a sit and stand? it's on the back of the stroller allowing them to stand in the back for much bigger kids.

Here's an example though if you want to get a more expensive one of these, you can...

Sit and Stand

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I'm a runner and frequent walker so I went with a double jogger. I have a Bob Duallie Revolution that I can't say enough about. My son was riding in it past 5 when I wanted to go for a run and he wasn't able to ride his bike. The seats go to 50lbs each (don't quote me on that). It fits thru standard doorways, the front wheel comes off easily if you have a smaller trunk space and the hoods come down pretty far.

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist and a woman in my area contacted me. She sold it to me for $300 and this thing would retail for around $800 with the accessories that were included.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I just ordered the joovy caboose tandem sit and stand stroller. My dd will be 2.5 when baby arrives and I'll also have a 5 year old. It's the best option for us. Compact and lightweight. I got it for $109 on albeebaby.com
Kimberly954
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Well, my 4 year old still wants to ride in a stroller simply because the baby rides in the stroller. So i had to get a sit and stand.

ewunia79
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Honestly I'd just buy a board that attaches to a stroller. Toddlers and bigger kids love it!
nkki954
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I have a Graco double stroller. It's a 12 in 1 and I absolutely love it! I have a two year old and a four month old. I can put the infant carrier in the front or back depending in my toddlers mood. Sometimes he wants to sit in the stroller seat in the front, sometimes he wants to use the sit and stand part, and it's so simple to remove the back seat to use that feature

It's the Ready to Grow Graco Click Connect Stand and Ride - onyx.

Price wise I didn't think about it, but it was only $200. The infant seat was only $149
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:56 PM

I would get one. My older son was three when I had my second and there were several times I wished we had one. 

I don't have a recommendation though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)