Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Birthdays

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM
  • 34 Replies
I'm currently in a weird relation ship with my daughters father, paycheck to paycheck, single motherish, LO dad is a tight wad. So my daughter doesn't get everything I always wanted to she's only 22 months. I feel bad that she isn't able to wear more name brands and have what my other friends can afford for their kids. So I go all out for her birthdays, Her first birthday we had a garden theme birthday party' this year we are having a Dora themed party.
Helper stars and Dora streamers hanging from ceiling. taco bar. Dora balloons tied to red boots and swiper tail hiding out of a bush trying to steal the balloons. Daughter is going to b A blonde hair Dora with a home made backpack out of felt and a orange tutu. A backpack pinata and backpack goodie bags.

Do you go all out for our kids birthdays?
If u do what themes havebu done and ideas for others.

Pinterest is my friend, should be urs too!
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
biomom1437
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:32 PM

i haven't really done much with theme's yet.. i get whatever goody bags i can find at the dollar store and some small toys and candy @dollar stores too.. not sure yet but i think i am going to make a butterfly cake this year.. and also do make ur own cupcake thing.. with several different toppings and several color of homemade frosting.. to me i think 4 now themed birthday parties r too big a hassle.. that is just me..

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM

No, we do not go all out.  We have nice parties with the basics.  Their friends and family are what make it special, not the location and bells and whistles.  Just us though.

Jessica-Daniell
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I try to make everything. buy things on sale.., but I just want her to be able to remember her special day even if its in pictures.(I save one of everything that I can if it fits in the box.)
SophiaKsMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Themes I have done are ladybug, circus, minnie mouse for dd 3. Dd 2 is turing 2 in May and I'm thinking of either a tinkerbell or hello kitty theme. I try to get things on sale and make the food.

Don't beat yourself up over the clothes she has or doesn't have. I buy a lot of my girls clothes at the goodwill, garage sales and on sale at stores. 

Mrs.Velasquez
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Honestly yes. Seems like they get bigger every year :/ I made a lot for both my daughters this year. I don't even know why, I just enjoy it. But next year we are doing simple and low key. I ended up so tired this time. I have issues with my right leg, that are making it tiring for me now :(

As for the cloths part, I usually shop at target. Not because we can't afford it, but because kids grow like weeds! They outgrow everything. I'm not going to spend a lot on cloths they are going to out grow in two months. The only thing I spend money on is jeans for my oldest. Unless it's something really pretty that I want for them.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Nope, we don't go all out on birthdays, usually just a BBQ with family and a few select friends. Kid's don't need all those "bells and whistle's" it is the quality time they will remember.

Blessed2585
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM

That sounds like a very fun birthday party! I don't have kids yet so I can't go all out, but when I do I probably will. Creating memories is so worth it.

.Angelica.
by Angie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

we don't really do much for birthdays. just food and cake and good times hanging out with family and friends.

Shani527
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I don't go all out every year. Like this year we couldn't do much so it was low key.
kerryket
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM
This is us, too.

Quoting .Angelica.:

we don't really do much for birthdays. just food and cake and good times hanging out with family and friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)