Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

my son will be 3 1/2 on April 9th and we have been having an issue with him bitting off and on for the last year and a half (since his sister was born). My question is how can I get him to stop? He has bit a two different kids at story time and tried to bite the teacher in story time on seperate occasions so today since he bit a kid they told me he can not be there if he is going to bite. He loves story time though so I am at a loss as to what to do. 

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Replies (41-41):
maxswolfsuit
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM

You asked for advice. If you don't like it don't take it. 

But lashing out at people who are trying to help you help your child is just out of line. This tells a lot about what your issue is with the doctor. If you don't think you can do any differently to help  your child don't ask for help with his problem. There are resources out there to help children and families, but if this how you respond to suggestions they can't help you. 

But if you really think taking your child to story hour is the problem you are in for a world of trouble when he hits school age. If he enters school never having had an opportunity to be around other kids he will struggle for a long time as he learns to socialize. He needs more time around other kids so he can learn, not less!

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

that is the thing there isn't a damn thing going on at home this started LONG before he went to story time and had stopped when his sister was 6 months old!!!! it only started back up when i TRIED TO BETTER HIM BY TAKING HIM TO STORY TIME TO INTERACT WITH OTHER CHILDREN. apparently it was a bad idea as was this post. never should have came on this damn site for advice I NEVER get help or helpful information or insight just a bunch of damn holier then thou women talking down to me on their damn high horses. what a waste

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

That's an excuse. 

My son is the same age and is having the same issue. If he was biting kids at story hour I wouldn't even try to bring him. We handled his biting by changing what we were doing at home and helping him deal with his frustrations in appropriate ways. 

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

he knows why he can't go back. I AM NOT MAKING DAMN EXCUSES. He speaks better then a lot of kids his age even with him being such a preemie. When he doesn't feel well he has issues with behaving. 

Quoting TheartAH: This is not normal. I'm confused: You said it's been a year and a half but then talked about him possibly being ill. Does he speak well? Understand consequences? It sounds like you are making a lot of excuses and making him the victim. I do not blame the teacher for not allowing him back for awhile. Does HE know why he can't go to story time anymore?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN