Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Lets talk about money

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM
  • 24 Replies

When did you first start teaching your kids about it? The simple part I mean, this is a penny-1 cent, ect.

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

my son started learning about it in Kindergarten.  i honestly don't remember if we talked about it before then.

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I started with my kids just recently.  I don't know why I waited so long to teach my dd, just didn't cross my mind I guess. I bought a game to teach them and they really enjoy it. (They are 6 and 3.)

newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:12 PM

He's been very interested in it lately so we just started, he's 3.

ardiaxe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
When my son was 3. He loves counting and sorting money still and he's 5. We have a large jar of coins and several piggy banks. He can play with it all day if he had nothing else to do.
Lydlou02
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is 11, so I don't really remember with him. LO is 2. Just yesterday I tried to explain the difference between a five dollar bill and a receipt. She loves getting receipts from the store, and I don't do much with cash. She calls all coins Pennies. I'm trying to explain how they're different too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

we have been trying to teach him bout it since he was 2 (he is 3 1/2 now) he is finally starting 2 get it

mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM

If they find something on the ground or whatever, I'll tell them what it is. I don't actively teach them until they are more like 6 or so, though.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM
She's 4 and we have talked about it and one of her favorite books is Dollars and cents for Harriet
collinsmommy0
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
My 2 year old has a piggy bank. He can identify quarters, pennies, and dimes. He confuses nickels with dimes though. I'll probably start with labeling them with their value when he's 3, start teaching him how to count them when he's ready....he likes to dump out the coins & separate them into their size/shape so it's all play based
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

around 5 is when we start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)