Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Incontinence in a previously continent boy.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 6 Replies
Well my 6 yr old has had complete continence since 3.

In the last 3 weeks maybe?? He has begun touching his penis often. Throughout the day, consciously and subconsciously. But it's getting worse.

He states it's because it "drips". At first I was thinking he was getting "hard" and didn't know what to do with it. But that isn't the case. Well last night changed my mind. He wet the bed without waking up. He has never done this.

I am in no way shape or form concerned for abuse.

I'm going to test for infection today with a urine dip but if it comes back normal his pedi will send me to urology which is 3 hours away.

Has anyone had a continent boy start losing continence? Any penile structural issues??
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShannaBee
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:39 PM
It kind of sounds like a UTI.
mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:41 PM

My son had an issue when he was about 5 or so that he'd run to the bathroom every 15 minutes or he'd be grabbing it. We had a whole bunch of tests done but it turned out that sometimes boys experience this around that age give or take two years. You have to wait it out. Cole was done in about 4 weeks. I wish I could remember what it was called.

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Weird!! Yeah he's dripping which drives him nuts and he changes his undies multiple times a day. No treatment? It just went away?

Quoting mem82:

My son had an issue when he was about 5 or so that he'd run to the bathroom every 15 minutes or he'd be grabbing it. We had a whole bunch of tests done but it turned out that sometimes boys experience this around that age give or take two years. You have to wait it out. Cole was done in about 4 weeks. I wish I could remember what it was called.

mem82
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Yup. There wasn't anything they could really do. It ends by itself. You could stick a pad in his undies to keep him dry so his skin doesn't get raw.

Quoting SMTCMMoore: Weird!! Yeah he's dripping which drives him nuts and he changes his undies multiple times a day. No treatment? It just went away?

Quoting mem82:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:06 AM

My kids have never had this issue. I hope the doctor can give you some info. 

SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Hmm, I'll ask him. I think that would make him rub more.

My husband thinks he's just normal and he'll stop dripping if he stops touching...thanks DH. Helpful ;)

We are going to treat for 1 week in case it's infection but if that doesn't help we'll have to keep investigating. Thanks for brain storming with me!

Quoting mem82: Yup. There wasn't anything they could really do. It ends by itself. You could stick a pad in his undies to keep him dry so his skin doesn't get raw.

Quoting SMTCMMoore: Weird!! Yeah he's dripping which drives him nuts and he changes his undies multiple times a day. No treatment? It just went away?

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)