Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Pull ups at night

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 35 Replies
My son will be 4 in June and has been potty trained for some time now. He wears the pull-ups at night mainly in case of an accident. I was thinking on going on a trial run with just underwear at night. When did your LO go without at night?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tamzinsmommy
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM
My dd is 2.5 and is newly daytime trained. We tried underwear at night and she would pee. I went back to pull ups and she doesn't pee in them. I don't get it
Wright68
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM
My daughter will also be 4 in June. She is still a heavy wetter in her sleep. I'm not going to make it harder on her than it has to be. She's also been trained for over a year. In the beginning I tried nothing, then gave in and just bought the pull ups. Her body just has to mature.
ajdahd13
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

DD1 was almost 3 when she was potty trained day and night. In my experience letting them wet the bed a few times helps them learn that feeling. 

Momof2-87
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM
The only time he really has an accident is if he drinks too much before bed and sleeps in. Other then that he is usually dry and goes when he gets to daycare.
susan_marie
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

My ds never wore them. My dd who is 6 still does. And my dd who is 2 has never worn them. Each kiddo is diffrent. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's going dry most nights then definitely give it a shot!  My son was 4 when he was able to stay dry.  No accidents after we took the pullups away.  My daughter asked me to sleep in underwear one night around 3 or a little over 3 and we let her.  She did great for a week and then the accidents started.  I considered going back to pullups but decided that since she asked, I should keep going.  The accidents only lasted a few days and then she was golden. 

The advice I got was to layer your bedding.  We made their beds like this:  waterproof mattress cover, fitted sheet, waterproof crib pads, fitted sheet and then the rest of the bedding.  That way, if there was an accident, we only had to take the top layer off and change clothes.  No full bed change in the middle of the night (unless they ended up off the pads for some reason which they never did)

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:18 AM
My 7yo ds was 5, 6yo ds was 3, 3yo dd still wears diapers, 18 month old not potty trained. My adopted 8yo dd still wears diapers at night. Yes I said diapers, she still fits in them and they don't leak. Pull ups were useless for her. My adopted 10 year old wears good nights but he only wets in them once or twice a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMommysBabies
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM
My 3 year old has been in underwear all the time for close to a year, he'll be 4 in May. My 2 year old wears underwear during the day and still wears pull-ups at night.
JanieJo
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Both DS 5 and DD 3 still wear pullups and diapers to bed. DD is just now potty training and DS has been very late potty training. Still having accidents during the day both pee and poop :( they will get it. Some kids take a little longer
LinnyAnne
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Withing these last few weeks,.. He does on occasion have an accident. it happens. just change him out of his pj's into some clean ones and if it's not soaking wet, I just throw a towel down and change the sheets in the morning..

If you are worried about accidents, get the bed pads by Good Nights. I love them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN