Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wooden puzzle organization?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi there! I was wondering how other mothers organize their childs wooden puzzles? My son wasn't extremely interested in them before, so I was just keeping the pieces in zip lock bags, but all of a sudden he's really into them and the pieces are all getting mixed up and lost. He completely freaks out when a piece is missing, so I really need a good organizational system for these things. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you! 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a bunch of Melissa and Doug puzzles but they have their own base and we store them on the Melissa and Doug puzzle rack.

For all other jigsaw puzzles, the pieces are either stored in their original box or a Ziploc bag and we have a huge storage bin for them all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrseoc
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a really tall bookshelf, of which LO owns the bottom 3 shelves. I put all the pieces into the wooden puzzles where they belong and stack them on top of each other. It takes a minuet, but you dont lose any pieces that way. Then i stack them on top of one another. LO has 4 of them and this way has worked for me. I know you can buy puzzle stands.. but they are essentially just stacked on each other on a special shelf.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I make a mark on the back of each piece for each diffrerent puzzle. So one puzzle will all have a star drawn on the back, another a heart etc...  It keeps all the puzzles organized and it's easy to figure out where each piece belongs if they do happen to get mixed up. 

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I keep them up high on a bookshelf and mommy has to pull them down ; ) and they can only play in certain areas. There are certain toys, I'm a bit weird over and puzzles is one of them. They do not like when the pieces are missing so I go to great lengths to keep it that way, LOL. The only other thing they have to ask me for is art supplies.

iansmommy9
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM

For the chunky puzzles, I stacked them in a cube. When he got to the 24 piece Melissa and Doug puzzles, I got a big basket and stacked them in there. (They were always assembled before I put them in the basket. Then, the basket slid under one of the end tables.

lisahappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:53 AM

That's a great question!  I'm a ziplock bagger for puzzle pieces too, so I'm glad you're generating suggestions on this.

The Mommie Dearest Group on CafeMom - connect with others who grew up with an abusive mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)