Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Does your toddler/preschooler like coloring book?

Posted by   + Show Post

My toddler and preschooler love to color but they like coloring sheets rather than coloring books. 

by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Replies (31-38):
.Angelica.
by Angie on Apr. 13, 2014 at 2:59 PM

sometimes they like them. sometimes not.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM

They like them on occasion, it is not something they could do every day though.

sophiesmom07
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM

Not as much as I would like them to be, lol. They color once in a while. They do seem more excoted when I prin t pages out than actually using their coloring books.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM

My toddler loves to color but normally prefers regular paper. She does like coloring books though.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:23 PM
My 2 yr old son reads the books. Last time when he was about 1 in a half he tried to eat the crayons and now he trys to eat paper too so I'll try again in the summer and see how he does then.
Pipamonium
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Yes and no... So helpful right? DD generally perfers to colour on blank pieces of paper. She's my 5 year old perfectionist who doesn't have the best fine motor control. She's still struggling somewhat when it comes to staying within the lines. If it's just her and me she'll happily sit at the colour and do colouring pages. I'll purposly make mistakes to make her feel better about her own finished product. On the opposite hand... DS likes to colour but seems to be a bit confused if I give him a blank sheet of paper. Somehow it gets him to think it's OK to start colouring on the walls. He's my 2 year old ASD child. He's been dealing with a lot of delays but one thing he's really good at is fine motor control so give him a colouring page and he gets what he's supposed to do and can do it shockingly well.

Puppy_Mom
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Lois loves coloring books. I need to get her a couple more.

cutestmom24
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM
My dd likes to color
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN