Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

Toddler Security Items!

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:22 AM
  • 64 Replies

My oldest loved his bink i cant even remember how we broke him away from it.. My 16 month old has a sherpa blanket he has had since his birth and no other blanket will suffice .. What are your childrens?  When and how do you plan on easing them out of it?

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:29 AM
2 moms liked this
My kids don't have anything they can't live without so nothing we will have to ease them from. My dd has a doggy that she sleeps with but will use something else if doggy isn't in her room. My son has a few stuffed animals that he rotates between.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jennj76569
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Quoting Luvmy2babies22: My kids don't have anything they can't live without so nothing we will have to ease them from. My dd has a doggy that she sleeps with but will use something else if doggy isn't in her room. My son has a few stuffed animals that he rotates between.

Yea this is new to me i never had a security item my husband said he had a blanket which his parents still have.  hmmm i wonder...

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:59 AM
3 moms liked this

My 8yo dd is the only one that has a security item. She has a little stuffed bear that she carries everywhere. I have no plans to "break" her from it. She can give it up when she wants or she can keep it forever. I don't see where it is a big deal for a child to have a security item.

KRIZZ25
sex is not most important ..infect its not important at all .its a function like going bath room.only u can live wth out it.
Today at 7:58 PM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
my twins had blankets ,"monkey" .my youngest dd had this big ass unicorn .but as they have gotten older they dont need em as much.
jennj76569
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Quoting waytomanykids10:

My 8yo dd is the only one that has a security item. She has a little stuffed bear that she carries everywhere. I have no plans to "break" her from it. She can give it up when she wants or she can keep it forever. I don't see where it is a big deal for a child to have a security item.

Yea i dont mind at all so long as he doesnt want to carry his blanket to pre k. lol...

kmencl3210
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest never had one, my 2.5 yr old has his build a bear monkey he sleeps with ever night and a monkey pillow face, he checks his bed every night for them before hell lay down and if they aren't there he has to search his room for them lol. My youngest is 1 as of today (well.. Yesterday I guess lol) and he doesn't have one as of now, except maybe his cups he likes having one with/near him all the time
jennj76569
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:04 AM

Quoting KRIZZ25: my twins had blankets ,"monkey" .my youngest dd had this big ass unicorn .but as they have gotten older they dont need em as much.

Yay so there is hope .. my oldest def didnt have his bink this long, is why i worried bout this blankie thing. ... thanks.

jennj76569
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM

Quoting kmencl3210: My oldest never had one, my 2.5 yr old has his build a bear monkey he sleeps with ever night and a monkey pillow face, he checks his bed every night for them before hell lay down and if they aren't there he has to search his room for them lol. My youngest is 1 as of today (well.. Yesterday I guess lol) and he doesn't have one as of now, except maybe his cups he likes having one with/near him all the time

Lol its so cute how little ones have their own lil quirks...

kmencl3210
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
He hasprobably 15 monkeys in his room lol hell dig through the pile to find his build a bear one :) I think its funny to put the "wrong" ones on his bed cause he gets mad and yells at them haha (I think the fact I can't understand what he's saying is what makes it funnier... Or by their bedtime I'm just that easily amused!) The baby with the cup though.. Ugh. I want to break him from it, he was like that with his bottle too even if its empty he wants it, I've put him down for naps a few times with an empty cup cause he wants to hug it while he falls asleep o.O he's a weirdo :P

Quoting jennj76569:

Quoting kmencl3210: My oldest never had one, my 2.5 yr old has his build a bear monkey he sleeps with ever night and a monkey pillow face, he checks his bed every night for them before hell lay down and if they aren't there he has to search his room for them lol. My youngest is 1 as of today (well.. Yesterday I guess lol) and he doesn't have one as of now, except maybe his cups he likes having one with/near him all the time

jennj76569
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:14 AM

Quoting kmencl3210: He hasprobably 15 monkeys in his room lol hell dig through the pile to find his build a bear one :) I think its funny to put the "wrong" ones on his bed cause he gets mad and yells at them haha (I think the fact I can't understand what he's saying is what makes it funnier... Or by their bedtime I'm just that easily amused!) The baby with the cup though.. Ugh. I want to break him from it, he was like that with his bottle too even if its empty he wants it, I've put him down for naps a few times with an empty cup cause he wants to hug it while he falls asleep o.O he's a weirdo :P
Quoting jennj76569:

haha id so do the same... sometimes when mine is really sleepy with eyes partially closed but wanting the blankie we give him another just to see him react .. its kinda cruel but so cute to see their lil personalities... A cup though thats pretty unique you got a special one :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)